*****KatKwiz! - August 7 - math warning*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, OK, you are sick of math problems but I keep seeing confusion on this one point so I am going to keep using these until we get this whole business straightened out!

If our members do not _____(one or more words)_____ within the next 24 hours, then they will lose a total of _____ points.

Yes, the kats are aware that this number will change throughout the day but they are watching and will recalculate the number from the time you do your post!

Time is running out on another math problem! Here is my final hint and this should do it!
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160112

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If our members do not log on to their TCS account within the next 24 hours, then they will lose a total of .2% of their bank points, which in my case is 79 points.

I'm a math major.... and I hope my answer is close to what you are looking for, but I think I may be confused by the lack of math needed to answer this question

Also, if they dont TRANSFER their POINTS into the BANK they will lose .2% interest on the points sitting idly outside of the bank. Which in my case: I have 70 points sitting outside the bank, if I dont transfer them into my bank, I lose .14 points per day that amount goes undeposited.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that's definitely a way of looking at it!

ETA: Where the heck did the other post go? the one I was replying to.... I guess this post doesnt make any sense now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Oh that's definitely a way of looking at it!

ETA: Where the heck did the other post go? the one I was replying to.... I guess this post doesnt make any sense now
???The question refers to all of our members. How many total points will be lost by all of our members total if they do not do something in the next 24 hours.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

???The question refers to all of our members. How many total points will be lost by all of our members total if they do not do something in the next 24 hours.
Ah ha! She deleted her answer, but she was probably right!!!

Hope she sees this

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ah ha! She deleted her answer, but she was probably right!!!

Hope she sees this
Looks like I need to give a REAL big hint.
Right now, there are slightly over 6 million points just sitting around that will never get any interest unless something is done with them in the next 24 hours.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If our members do not __play Katwery and use one of the five words________ within the next 24 hours, then they will lose a total of __3500___ points.

This was my first answer but I deleted it because I thought Marianjela was right. I hope this still counts.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

OK, OK, you are sick of math problems but I keep seeing confusion on this one point so I am going to keep using these until we get this whole business straightened out!

If our members do not _____(one or more words)_____ within the next 24 hours, then they will lose a total of _____ points.

Yes, the kats are aware that this number will change throughout the day but they are watching and will recalculate the number from the time you do your post!
If our members do not do something on thecatsite like depost them into the bank within the next 24 hours they will lose a total of 120368.94 points

PS, I hate math, so thats probably wrong, and Im just taking a guess at what the first words would be... Im probably wrong in more than one way here

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

If our members do not do something on thecatsite like depost them into the bank within the next 24 hours they will lose a total of 120368.94 points

PS, I hate math, so thats probably wrong, and Im just taking a guess at what the first words would be... Im probably wrong in more than one way here
Time is running out on another math problem! Here is my final hint and this should do it!
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160112

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Glitch, I think you're on the right track. But your numbers are a little off. When I posted earlier about the .2% interest I was apparently wrong. I looked in the wrong spot and got the wrong percentage...

Obviously I already answered and cant again... But I think I realized what Lee really wanted and you were really on the right track!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If you dont deposit your points in the bank within the next 24 hours you will lose 18055.341 points
I move the decimal places around and Im not even going to go try to figure out where the decimal place should be for .3% of interest, I used 2 earlier...
Yeah, that's more like it - too bad we're only allowed one guess, which is why I didnt answer

Guess someone gets a freebie!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, that's more like it - too bad we're only allowed one guess, which is why I didnt answer

Guess someone gets a freebie!
Yeah, I didn't figure there was enough time to answer it so I put what I thought was the answer, but I deleted my post so no one gets the freebie

I honestly dont know why I bother sometimes

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have the correct answer but according to the rules only your first answer can be accepted. Go to Shop Menu and then to Shop Main where you will see a listing of the richest users and also the total number of points sitting around and the total number of points banked and then the two added together. There are about 6 million points just sitting around not drawing interest and since interest is now at .3%, this works out to be 18,000 points going down the drain in the next 24 hours unless people move those points into their bank account. To move those points click on Shop menu and then Bank where you will see Withdraw (from the bank) and Deposit (to the bank). I only have enough points out of the bank at any one time to pay the winners of KatKwiz and KatKwery so that I do not miss out on interest payments!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, I didn't figure there was enough time to answer it so I put what I thought was the answer, but I deleted my post so no one gets the freebie

I honestly dont know why I bother sometimes
ROFL - that's what I did earlier, I hurried to look for the interest percentage and accepted the first percentage I found as the right amount, BUT it wasnt the correct number.

So it threw my answer off. Even though my guess was wrong anyway since he wanted everyone's points - collectively.

Oh well - bring on the Kwery

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ROFL - that's what I did earlier, I hurried to look for the interest percentage and accepted the first percentage I found as the right amount, BUT it wasnt the correct number.

So it threw my answer off. Even though my guess was wrong anyway since he wanted everyone's points - collectively.

Oh well - bring on the Kwery
I went by the interest rate you said! Even though I knew it had been changed my mind wasn't working and I drew a blank and totally spaced that the interest had been changed!