favorite DRY kitten food?

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm curious to hear what is everyone's favorite dry kitten food. (I am still moistening it to make it soft...) I have used IAMS with good success in the past, but new kitten prefers the Royal Canin light that my other cat eats! (That doesn't say much for the IAMS kitten food, does it?)

Thanks for the input.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My kittens are doing very well on Orijen, which is an all-stages. I think they preferred the taste of Wellness Kitten, but I didn't prefer their smell while they were on it!

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So far we have used Royal Canin Kitten and Nutro Max Kitten, they far prefer the Royal Canin, and I like it better (less stinky stools I have found ).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used several KITTEN only s with Zoey ( she ate kitten till age 4) ... her fave was natural choice .... now I feed all the kittens and cats taste of the wild ...

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does Taste of the Wild come in large bags?
I was just looking Taste Of The Wild up and I believe it comes in 5 pound and 15 pound bags.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yeah the 15lb feeds my four for about a month ...

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used Medi-Cal (Made by Royal Canin). Its just the regular Maintence food, no medical. Although I might have to switch to diet Medi-cal since Capone is getting a little bit of a booty

I love this food. They are healthy and shiny. Capone is so shiny he sometimes looks like he has silver in his hair, but he doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t. Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a bit expensive and if I find a better food for cheaper ill take it. For now though, its worth the money IMO.

Disclaimer: This is coming from someone who doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know jack about food and has not researched it at all. This is my opinion based on seeing my cats gradually look and feel better after changing them from their crappy SPCA and previous owner food.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

I used Medi-Cal (Made by Royal Canin). Its just the regular Maintence food, no medical. Although I might have to switch to diet Medi-cal since Capone is getting a little bit of a booty

I love this food. They are healthy and shiny. Capone is so shiny he sometimes looks like he has silver in his hair, but he doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t. Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a bit expensive and if I find a better food for cheaper ill take it. For now though, its worth the money IMO.

Disclaimer: This is coming from someone who doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know jack about food and has not researched it at all. This is my opinion based on seeing my cats gradually look and feel better after changing them from their crappy SPCA and previous owner food.
Please read this thread it is very informative
... Plus wt control is usually NOT a good thing in a dry food
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...ighlight=foods

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cheers, all. I know I can find Royal Canin here. I'll see if I can find the others as well.

I appreciate your input!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my cats used to be fed IAMS till they changed their formula and now a lot of breeders have switched over to Royal Canin.

I use RC Kitten and adult food dry - various canned food (Max Cat, Natural Balance, and Iams Beef)

sweetkara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten eats mostly wet but I free feed Wellness Core (since it's all ages)

He loves it and it coat is soft and shiny.