Where to buy Rescue Remedy in-store?

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I know I can get it at Whole Foods, but our Whole Foods is kind of a pain in the butt to get to (I will go there before ordering it from online though)... but are there any other common in-store places to get it? I've never looked in Petsmart or Petco for it...

It's actually for my 14 year old dog, but I'd like to have it on hand for Oliver too in case stressful situations arise (or for short car trips where his sedative would be entirely unnecessary)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I got mine at GNC (health food store).
Oooo GNC! There's one like right down the street! Definitely worth trying before heading all the way out to our Whole Foods! (it's just a pain cuz not only is it a little ways away, but it's on a major congested highway, so I try to avoid that area)

Thanks!

Oh question: did they have the spray and drops or just one or the other? Not a big deal I guess, just curious (I think the drops would work better if/when I need it for Ollie monster)

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or any vitamin store, I would think, if GNC doesn't have it. But they should have it. I got it in drops at a vitamin store.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

Oh question: did they have the spray and drops or just one or the other? Not a big deal I guess, just curious (I think the drops would work better if/when I need it for Ollie monster)
I think they only had the drops at our local store, that's what I got anyway.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some today for about $9 at GNC... saved me a huge annoying trip to Whole Foods - thanks y'all!

We'll probably try it tonight for my dog... after she comes back from her daily play sessions next door, she's like all "ants in the pants" and just won't settle... she's been to the vet recently and checks out just fine, I think it's just she's 14 and hard of hearing and can't see too well so she's a little agitated - the rescue remedy helped her before when something about outside was freaking her out and we literally had to carry her outside to pee.

Thanks again!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
some vets carry it ... I get it either at a pet store$$$ or the health food store

grendel25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there a difference between Rescue Remedy and Rescue Remedy Pets? GNC doesn't carry the "pets" version, but does it really matter? I have a cat who really needs it....

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by grendel25

Is there a difference between Rescue Remedy and Rescue Remedy Pets? GNC doesn't carry the "pets" version, but does it really matter? I have a cat who really needs it....
You can use the regular Rescue Remedy.

grendel25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

You can use the regular Rescue Remedy.
Thank you for the speedy answer! I don't know a lot about the product, but have heard good things. Is it best to add it to their water or try to drop it into their mouths (which I'm not crazy about attempting)? My two cats use a water dispenser that holds about a half gallon.

They were both kenneled last week while I was away. It was a very nice place for them, but it wasn't their home. Upon return, the male's behavior became incredibly needy toward me and very hostile to the female (both were fixed as kittens). They were great friends before, but now the male is always chasing and attacking her. Not playful, but real catfights.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by grendel25

I don't know a lot about the product, but have heard good things. Is it best to add it to their water or try to drop it into their mouths (which I'm not crazy about attempting)? My two cats use a water dispenser that holds about a half gallon.

They were both kenneled last week while I was away. It was a very nice place for them, but it wasn't their home. Upon return, the male's behavior became incredibly needy toward me and very hostile to the female (both were fixed as kittens). They were great friends before, but now the male is always chasing and attacking her. Not playful, but real catfights.
I would recommend to drop it into their water. But a lesser amount of water then usual...
Dr Bachs drops - where Rescue Remedy is one variation - is made with konjak as solvent. Thus the drops are high degree alcohol. Better to mix up them with water.

My guess about the diff between RR and Animal RR is animal is already mixed up with water.

In your case I would recommed (also) a Feliway diffuser. I think it should help. And also separate the cats till they get your home scents anew.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can also place the rescue remedy on the their ears and the pads of the feet. Just rub a bit on your fingers and then rub it on the ears and pads. I found this worked better and faster when we needed it for Simon.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

You can also place the rescue remedy on the their ears and the pads of the feet. Just rub a bit on your fingers and then rub it on the ears and pads. I found this worked better and faster when we needed it for Simon.
Interesing advice. Tx! I will remember the tip.

As the active ingredients are solved in alcohol, it should penetrate the skin, I suspect. You also arent dependant if the cat drinks up the whole water-portion.
Did you used the drops as they were, or did you diluted them some in water?

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StefanZ

Interesing advice. Tx! I will remember the tip.

As the active ingredients are solved in alcohol, it should penetrate the skin, I suspect. You also arent dependant if the cat drinks up the whole water-portion.
Did you used the drops as they were, or did you diluted them some in water?
I used it straight from the bottle. Simon had just had knee surgery and didn't like the cast or the kennel confinement. He was so agitated and stressed with the situation that I really needed something quick. I would say within the first 30 minutes he calmed down and relaxed.

I think I used it on his pads and ears every 3 to 4 hours the first few days.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yesterday I found them in our local store specialized on health-preparates. They had not so many of these Dr Bachs drops, but they did had Remedy Rescue, with french brandy (=ie konjak) and everything...

My guess is it is the same also in other countries as well.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StefanZ

Yesterday I found them in our local store specialized on health-preparates. They had not so many of these Dr Bachs drops, but they did had Remedy Rescue, with french brandy (=ie konjak) and everything...

My guess is it is the same also in other countries as well.
Many health related stores here have the whole line or most of it ...

I too do the ears .. The vet said majority of alcohol would Not be ingested as it would evaporate ... but since I had two liver "kids" I mix a touch of water in then add