anyone else here tried eyebrow threading?

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to share this with someone because it was such an enjoyable experience! I am also curious to see if anyone else on here has experienced this. So yesterday for my birthday I decided to try out eyebrow threading, because I wanted to feel purrrtty and do something for myself. I've also been wanting to try it out for a while after hearing people talk about it.

About threading in case you're curious and it explains it better than I would: taken from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-eyebrow-threading.htm

"Eyebrow threading involves twisting a piece of thread, usually cotton, into a double strand. This double stranded thread is used to pick up a line of hair and then remove it, creating a very clean, precise hairline. Eyebrow threading is the technique preferred by Indian movie stars, who are often distinguished by their crisp brow lines.

Eyebrow threading can be used to eliminate a unibrow, raise the arch of the eyebrow, or add shape and definition to the brow. Because it removes hair by the follicle, it is a reasonably long lasting hair removal technique as well. Repeat visits after three to four weeks are standard. The technique is also not terribly expensive because it is easy to do quickly and does not require costly chemical ingredients. For women who would like to pursue a more natural beauty regimen, eyebrow threading is a good choice, since it does not use harmful products."

I went in expecting that it would hurt really bad but I was amazed at how painless it really was.
I've always been afraid to get my eyebrows waxed because I've heard stories about how it can tear your skin or leave scabs from when the hot wax burns you. Knowing me, I probably would've not had an enjoyable time if I ever tried waxing.

This lady took about I'd say 3 minutes max to finish threading my eyebrows and then I think she put some aloe on my skin after she was finished. When she was completely done she sprayed rosewater on my face. It was very refreshing and smelled REALLY good. She was telling me about how everything she uses is 100% organic from India and Pakistan. She does 100% organic facials so I might have to go try that sometime when I finally find a job around here and make some money.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Threading is awesome! I cant remember the last time i got a brow wax after i found threading. Its also easier to do then plucking IMO. I thread my friends eyebrows for them, its easier to shape and make an arc. I find it last longer and is less painful too!

to threading!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never tried threading before. I always get mine waxed regurally though. It really doesn't hurt much at all once you get used to it -it's also pretty inexpensive. Just make sure the person working on you knows what you want and that they use a clean applicator (to apply wax with) every time they change customers. I've had mine done for years now and i've never been burned or had a bad reaction to it thankfully.

The threading does sound interesting. If i can find someone in my area who does it for a good price i'm definitely open to trying that out too!
How much did it cost for you to get yours threaded if you don't mind me asking?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think the price depends on who you go to. I think I saw that one lady here in town charges $20 for only eyebrows. The lady I went to only charged me $12. I'm a wuss when it comes to pain, but I didn't really think it hurt. Maybe she was just really good at it and did it fast enough so I wouldn't notice. Edited to add that I don't have dark eyebrows. That's why I avoided it for so long. My hair is light enough that you really didn't notice that I didn't do anything to them :p My boyfriend didn't even say anything yesterday, but then again he hardly ever notices if something is different Hah!

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of this. I looked up a video on youtube, it looks so weird how they do it!

Here's the video for anyone else who doesn't know what it is

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KristyKitty

I have never heard of this. I looked up a video on youtube, it looks so weird how they do it!

Here's the video for anyone else who doesn't know what it is

Thanks for the video because I had never heard of it before and couldn't quite picture what they were talking about. So basically from what I can, there are two threads used and they are able to pull out whole rows of hair at one time, right?

I'm probably one of the few females in the world that doesn't touch their eyebrows. Well, except for the rare long hair that grow out sometimes. Then it takes me 20 minutes to find my stupid tweezers!

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMO threading lasts longer than waxing, also way cheaper ($7 vs $18), the best part is it doesn't hurt as much. I used to get mine waxed until I found threading

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will stick with my tweezing... I think what it comes down to is me not really caring about my eyebrows, and whether it be wax, or this threading, I don't like other people touching my face.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I've never tried threading before. I always get mine waxed regurally though. It really doesn't hurt much at all once you get used to it -it's also pretty inexpensive. Just make sure the person working on you knows what you want and that they use a clean applicator (to apply wax with) every time they change customers. I've had mine done for years now and i've never been burned or had a bad reaction to it thankfully.

The threading does sound interesting. If i can find someone in my area who does it for a good price i'm definitely open to trying that out too!
How much did it cost for you to get yours threaded if you don't mind me asking?
Well, I get waxed and I get a package deal because I get waxed in lots of places. Lots of places.
Waxing doesn't bother me.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fuzzles

I think the price depends on who you go to. I think I saw that one lady here in town charges $20 for only eyebrows. The lady I went to only charged me $12. I'm a wuss when it comes to pain, but I didn't really think it hurt. Maybe she was just really good at it and did it fast enough so I wouldn't notice. Edited to add that I don't have dark eyebrows. That's why I avoided it for so long. My hair is light enough that you really didn't notice that I didn't do anything to them :p My boyfriend didn't even say anything yesterday, but then again he hardly ever notices if something is different Hah!
Really? The woman in the town next to mine that a bunch of mom's in an email group I belong to that have gone to that I've thought about going to, charges $5 & she has quite a following apparently & does a fantastic job... hmmmm... maybe I should start going before she starts charging more... lol

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry I dont know why but my whole post, posted twice. So I cleared the 2nd one