Question Of The Day - Wednesday, August 6th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow...how quickly summer has flown!!!

Anybody (besides me!!!) looking forward to the cooler days and nights, the changing of the trees, back to school, bonfires, apple cider....and all of the wonderful sights and smells of autumn?

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES!

Not fond of summer. Hate hot, humid weather...hate it. And I'm a big winter fan. Love winter. Autumn is my favorite season, but I also love winter. Given a choice between summer and winter, I would choose winter - and autumn means winter is closer.

So......yes.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am DEFINITELY ready for cooler days/nights. I HATE SC summers. Ugh.

I love the smell of wood burning in the fall, and watching the trees attempt to change before they just die (oh how I miss northern autumns and the beautiful colors of leaves!). Being sweaty & sticky just isn't fun.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great question!...

Nope,....I´m a Tropical Creature,...

Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I was looking forward to autumn by the first day of summer.
Oh my!...

Originally Posted by Bella713

I can't wait for fall
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I HATE hot weather, so I'm looking forward to anything that puts a stop to it
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

I am DEFINITELY ready for cooler days/nights. I HATE SC summers. Ugh.
So you 3 my friends.........
is clear for me that you NEVER going to visit me in my Solitary and Tropical Island....

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Wow...how quickly summer has flown!!!

Anybody (besides me!!!) looking forward to the cooler days and nights, the changing of the trees, back to school, bonfires, apple cider....and all of the wonderful sights and smells of autumn?
"Cooler"?? COOLER?? I've been lucky to get mornings as warm as 50s!! To be honest, I'm still waiting for summer to start!! I'm cold blooded, if it's below 75 I'm cold. I haven't been able to wear a skirt but once this year!! I had to drive an hour east to find the sun... No, I'm certainly not looking forward to fall!!

As for the rest- back to school, no, because I live in front of a school and MAN fighting traffic is a pain. Bonfires? Oh yeah! But it's been so cold we've been able to do them anyway.
Apple cider is yummy, but we just had it at the wedding we went to...
I do enjoy the beauty of autumn, but other than that, I just want summer to get here!

Originally Posted by CoolCat

So you 3 my friends.........
is clear for me that you NEVER going to visit me in my Solitary and Tropical Island....
Oh me, me!! I'd go visit you! A warm solitary tropical island sounds like heaven to me!!
Though I may never want to leave.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most definitely, not only for the cooler weather but also for the peace and quiet it brings after a busy summer..I live right smack dab in the middle of cottage country and this time of year we are up to our necks in tourists..

Now don't get me wrong individual tourist are generally, gentle, calm, creatures but the problem arises when they travel in herds, there is always the possibility of the scariest of scariest things a tourist stampede...

Seriously though autumns in Ontario are gorgeous..

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

Oh me, me!! I'd go visit you! A warm solitary tropical island sounds like heaven to me!!
Though I may never want to leave.
thank you Janet!....
because I´m alone with Wilson now...

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Autum but I am not quite ready for it yet. We have barely had a summer here yet. It rains every day so I have not had that much of a chance to do summer things. I want to be able to go to the beach or go for a walk but we haven't been able to.
We've only been swimming once.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BelongsToEvie,
Why dont we have a meet up out here one day. It will be 100 and humid today here and is in the 70s now. We have Palm Trees in front of our House also. I love Fall and all the Harvest Fests they will have. I love the changing Leaves and that it will not be 100 all the time.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don't have that much of a change from season to season. I guess basically we have the dry season and the rainy season. Personally, Autumn is my favourite time of the year. I wish we had the beautiful colourful tree's here, but we don't. It does cool off a bit in autumn, and you can smell the fireplaces burning in the air. I love that. I love the feeling of life and activity in the autumn. I would be happy if we could have autumn all year round.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
heck yeah!! I'm like Melissa, I've been waiting for autumn since summer began

Janet, where do you live? I'm moving there

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

BelongsToEvie,
Why dont we have a meet up out here one day. It will be 100 and humid today here and is in the 70s now. We have Palm Trees in front of our House also. I love Fall and all the Harvest Fests they will have. I love the changing Leaves and that it will not be 100 all the time.
Oh I'd love to! Count me in.

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

heck yeah!! I'm like Melissa, I've been waiting for autumn since summer began

Janet, where do you live? I'm moving there
Just across the bay from SF. The fog rolls in off the bay and hits the "Dublin Grade"- something between a really small mountain or a really big hill- and stops right above my little town and throws a party! If you like cool, cloudy days, this summer would have been great for you here!! It's not always like this, though. So you should definitely come visit now!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do love autumn, but I love summer better. It really doesn't get stinky hot here -- there may be a few days in August when everything has to be wide open and fans going, but not all that many, and it does cool over night. So I'll hang on to summer as long as possible.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well this has been an exceptional summer with all the rain making everything grow so well in my garden (including the weeds). We haven't even had a 90F day yet-might get lucky and not have one either.
So while I'm enjoying the summer I enjoy fall too-harvesting in my veg garden-less mosquitos, seeing the fall colors.