I saw an unidentified flying object

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not an alien, but simply an object in the sky that I could not recognize.

I was on vacation for just over a week, and got back home yesterday. Tonight two friends and I went to the local provincial park, 20 minutes north. We left [ETA: for home] around 10:30, and on the way back I saw something in the sky.

Here is a diagram, but if you can't see it, I'll type out what it says.

First object had one blue and one red light, with a white light in the middle that flashed every second or so. It was about the size of a pencil's eraser held at arm's length. It traveled a bit faster than a regular airplane. After a few seconds, it sent out a spotlight. My friend said it was an airplane looking for forest fires. I think it was traveling from west to east. As it passed overhead, it had two white lights at the nose and the tail, resembling a diamond.

What I didn't add to the diagram is the blue light was on the left and the red light was on the right. Only one friend (the passenger sitting in front of me) saw it. I don't think it was a plane searching for forest fires, as we live where there are no forests, and to my knowledge, there are no forest fires currently around here. I don't know why a plane would look for forest fires at night, although I imagine (from an airplane) you would be able to see the glow from the flames. We saw the object sometime between 10:30 and 10:40 PM. When I said "resembling a diamond" I meant all four lights were in a diamond formation. I didn't see any craft [ETA: shape], just the lights and spotlight.

A few minutes after that, the same friend and I saw a light moving in a somewhat erratic pattern. This light was dimmer than a regular star and was moving in sort of a wavy line. It moved from west to east. It blinked every few seconds, so it could have been an airplane traveling in a straight line, and our eyes could've been playing tricks, making it look like it was moving erratically.

And a few minutes after that, I saw two separate lights in the western sky that moved for a few seconds and disappeared, possibly behind a cloud [ETA: even though I didn't see any clouds after the sun set].

When I got home I told my dad if he had ever seen an airplane with a spotlight, flying in the night. He said he hadn't.

These could very well be all airplanes, but I would like to hear what you guys think. The skeptic in me is saying they are just regular airplanes.

If you read this far, I congratulate you.
I am also long overdue with kitty pictures, so I should put some up tomorrow.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do de doo doo, do de doo doo (that was scary alien music).

I have no explanantion, but it probably WAS aliens.

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I believe in ufos ... I saw the same thing about 20 years ago while i was driving home from work late one night .. I was stopped at a red light in the country and the same thing stopped in mid air right above me almost but in front far enough away for me to see the same diamond lites and the beam .. I pulled the car over and got out and as quick as it appeared it was gone.. I remember being scared and when i got home and told my now ex husband about it .. He asked if i had been drinking ... LOL

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

No, not an alien, but simply an object in the sky that I could not recognize.

I was on vacation for just over a week, and got back home yesterday. Tonight two friends and I went to the local provincial park, 20 minutes north. We left [ETA: for home] around 10:30, and on the way back I saw something in the sky.

Here is a diagram, but if you can't see it, I'll type out what it says.

First object had one blue and one red light, with a white light in the middle that flashed every second or so. It was about the size of a pencil's eraser held at arm's length. It traveled a bit faster than a regular airplane. After a few seconds, it sent out a spotlight. My friend said it was an airplane looking for forest fires. I think it was traveling from west to east. As it passed overhead, it had two white lights at the nose and the tail, resembling a diamond.

What I didn't add to the diagram is the blue light was on the left and the red light was on the right. Only one friend (the passenger sitting in front of me) saw it. I don't think it was a plane searching for forest fires, as we live where there are no forests, and to my knowledge, there are no forest fires currently around here. I don't know why a plane would look for forest fires at night, although I imagine (from an airplane) you would be able to see the glow from the flames. We saw the object sometime between 10:30 and 10:40 PM. When I said "resembling a diamond" I meant all four lights were in a diamond formation. I didn't see any craft [ETA: shape], just the lights and spotlight.

A few minutes after that, the same friend and I saw a light moving in a somewhat erratic pattern. This light was dimmer than a regular star and was moving in sort of a wavy line. It moved from west to east. It blinked every few seconds, so it could have been an airplane traveling in a straight line, and our eyes could've been playing tricks, making it look like it was moving erratically.

And a few minutes after that, I saw two separate lights in the western sky that moved for a few seconds and disappeared, possibly behind a cloud [ETA: even though I didn't see any clouds after the sun set].

When I got home I told my dad if he had ever seen an airplane with a spotlight, flying in the night. He said he hadn't.

These could very well be all airplanes, but I would like to hear what you guys think. The skeptic in me is saying they are just regular airplanes.

If you read this far, I congratulate you.
I am also long overdue with kitty pictures, so I should put some up tomorrow.
Go to WWW.space.com. They have a forum dealing with the unexplained. A lot of nuts post there, but also serious people who have seen something in the sky they can not explain. There are very nice big giant brain people who will figure out what it is you saw. Don't be afraid, they can be a bit odd, just tell them Datalor will kick their butt if they hassle you, lol (I'm Datalor on that board)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Go to WWW.space.com. They have a forum dealing with the unexplained. A lot of nuts post there, but also serious people who have seen something in the sky they can not explain. There are very nice big giant brain people who will figure out what it is you saw. Don't be afraid, they can be a bit odd, just tell them Datalor will kick their butt if they hassle you, lol (I'm Datalor on that board)
I posted over at space.com, under the username VenomGoose. I copied and pasted what I wrote here. HBCCUFo_Org is a favourite site of mine, so I sent in the description of what I saw.