Bipolar cat?

meow family

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just recently adopted a cat from the shelter I volunteer at. He was a wicked sweet heart at the beginning of the day, and then later that night out of no where he ran up behind me and mauled my back and arm. It was extremely aggressive. And then he was sweet again for a while. And then out of nowhere he lunged at me and freaked out. I have no idea what to do. Should I just give him time? I really don't want to bring him back to the shelter, but he's acting very dangerous.

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How long have you had him? when you say mauled do you mean he used claws and actually attacked you?

totally off topic ... you used the word wicked... are you from the Boston area? The way you write reminds me of home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meow family

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got him today, so I can understand why he's nervous. And yes, he full on attacked me. I actually had to scream for someone in the other room to get him off of me. I have a bunch of deep cuts in my back and arm.

I live in New Hampshire, which isn't too far from Boston ;]

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I know one of my cats will act sweet one minute and then bite your hand the next. But never full-on attacked me. Perhaps he is just getting used to his new surroundings? I'm not sure, because that sounds pretty extreme. I would go to a doctor and get your back and arm checked out just to make sure it doesn't get infected. Or at least just clean it really well.

I would try to pay really close attention to his body language and be really careful. I'm thinking there must have been something in his environment that set him off.

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meow Family

I just got him today, so I can understand why he's nervous. And yes, he full on attacked me. I actually had to scream for someone in the other room to get him off of me. I have a bunch of deep cuts in my back and arm.

I live in New Hampshire, which isn't too far from Boston ;]
I dont know how much time I would put into a cat thats going to attack me. maybe he needs more fostering first?