I got a second job

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I had a job interview at Claire's. The interview went really well (the manager is my friend, so I figured it would). She had me complete a 20 minute phone survey after I was done the hour and a half long interview. After the survey, she called and found out my results and they recommended me for a job.

She only called one of my references and got such a good reference, she hired me on the spot.
I start on August 18th. It's going to be different having 2 jobs, but they are both just part time. Zellers only gives me like 20 hours a week and Claire's will be about 10 hours a week to start.

I am going to have to learn to pierce ears which kind of scares me.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
do you get a discount?
I like Claire's for their hair accessories, i unfortunately can't wear any of the jewelry

good luck on the piercing ears, I would never be able to do that

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrates.. both jobs do know you now have 2??/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

do you get a discount?
I like Claire's for their hair accessories, i unfortunately can't wear any of the jewelry

good luck on the piercing ears, I would never be able to do that
I think I get a discount. She said something about a discount, I just don't know how much.

Originally Posted by sharky

Congrates.. both jobs do know you now have 2??/
Claire's knows I work at Zellers and my manager at Zellers knew that I had an interview yesterday for a second job but I haven't told her I got the job yet.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on getting a 2nd job!

I considered getting a PT job to go to after my FT job, but I'm already worn out working 40-50 hours a week

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congratz! Claire's in a fun store. I used to be obsessed with those jewelry stores when I was like 15. Necklaces, earrings, bracelets, hair accessories, rings. I had sooo much! I still do

Anyway, I think piercing ears will be kind of scary at first, but then it will be easy. I think you just have to aim the little "gun" thing correctly on the ear lobe, and then pull the trigger. Done! I don't think it'll be that hard. Probably hardest will be trying to calm the person down who's getting it done. If they're young, they're probably going to be really nervous.

At least you won't be piercing tongues or something!