Newbie here :) Shannon proud owner of Jasmine! Hello...

jasmine06

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all...
I probably should have introduced myself a little sooner, as I have already begun full use of the forums
Thank you by the way...I have gained much needed knowledge! I am absolutely in love with this site...as i am totally in love with my other and probably better half >Jasmine<

I guess i should give you some background info...Well in June of 2006 i was renting a one bedroom house. I was living by myself so things got pretty lonely. There was this little shopping center across the way in walking distance. I was bored one day and thought i would take a little walk around the center. Well inside the center there was a little pet shop...called Critter Country. I walked inside just to look around...but all of a sudden i saw this little fur ball climbing up the side of one of the cages. What a little rebel...lol Well i went over to the cage and played for a few min with this little girl kitten...and finally spotted a clerk and asked if i could hold her...they took her out of the cage (She didnt come easy) and gave her to me and it was love right then and there...She stole my heart!!! Since then we have had some hard times...But we have a very very strong bond!!! Actually a couple of months back i thought i lost her for good and i swear those few days i have never been so emotionally distraught. I was house sitting for a friend about 12 miles from my home (so jasmine didnt know the area at all) and they forgot to tell me that the screen doors had holes in them...well she got out and for two days i didnt go to work while i posted over 200 flyers in the neighborhood and was going up and down the streets with flashlights all night both nights..until on the 3rd night i caught glimpse of a kitty on a roof and in less than .2 seconds i was out of my car...it was my baby...we got a ladder and the owner tried to get her but she wouldnt come to him...so got up there and she came right to me
One of the happiest days of my life!!!!!!!!! We dont house sit anymore (lol)

Now, we are expecting little ones...she is I'm thinking a little over 6 weeks pregnant now. Which is the reason for my visit to the site...Both her and I are new to this so i was looking for the advise of much wiser individuals in this area
And I came to the right place!

After Jasmine has finished Nursing, I am going to get her spayed...I also plan on keeping the kittens. And i know that they can reproduce at 4 months so obviously prior to that they will also be fixed.

Thank you all so much for all the wondering info you have given me...and i hope to gain much more knowlege of my best friend through this site...

Shannon & Jasmine

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Glad to have you here. We would love to see pics of your little one.

Peace,
Rob & Sport

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to tcs. I got Blossom spayed at 5 mths after the vet told me that cats are in heat almost permenantly until they mate. Look forward to see pics of your baby.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi Shannon & Jasmine

I am so glad that you have joined our wonderful community of caring people who love cats.

If you ever have questions about the site, I would be happy to help you. Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name, then send a Private Message. I will get back to you asap.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Shannon
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and Jasmine to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions