Major Poopy Butt issue!

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently Chestnut had a bit of loose stool today... it is ALL OVER his hind, its all matted w/ poop, any sugguestions on how to make him clean?

I have an apointment this satruday for a shave... but in the mean time he's a danger to carpets and furniture a like, he must be cleaned, but I don't know how!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Apparently Chestnut had a bit of loose stool today... it is ALL OVER his hind, its all matted w/ poop, any sugguestions on how to make him clean?

I have an apointment this satruday for a shave... but in the mean time he's a danger to carpets and furniture a like, he must be cleaned, but I don't know how!
You could give him a simple butt bath...get him in a bathtub, and gently wet, and sponge that yuck stuff off of him using a gentle pet shampoo.

If he doesn't care for a bath, then PetsMart and PetCo both have pet wipes you can use to give that bum a good clean up; I would take a wet rag after him first...get as much of it off of him using the damp cloth, then finish up with the pet wipes.

In either instance, it would probably be best for you to have a partner to hold his front half, while you clean the back half...cat's do not generally care for bum cleaning!

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
CatWipes works well for the purpose, it contains aloe & vitamin E, also deodorize. I used it on Ku Ku whenever her bum bum gets little stinky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well.... a few scratches later we were able to get him cleaned up using the spray attachment in the sink, paper towels, a little Dawn and a LOT of patience and breaks, not to mention treats, even an old (clean) dishrag got sacrificed! He was soooooo mad!

He did forgive us pretty quickly though, came in and culddle with me at about 3am

I really hope we never have to go through that again! (like I said, he is getting saved on saturday "there"
)

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Well.... a few scratches later we were able to get him cleaned up using the spray attachment in the sink, paper towels, a little Dawn and a LOT of patience and breaks, not to mention treats, even an old (clean) dishrag got sacrificed! He was soooooo mad!

He did forgive us pretty quickly though, came in and culddle with me at about 3am

I really hope we never have to go through that again! (like I said, he is getting saved on saturday "there"
)
Good job! The do forgive quickly!
Now to find out why he is having the runs. And getting a sanitary shave/cut will help a lot in the future!

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a medium to long hair who gets a rather fuzzy butt, so we trim it at least every other month. Well we put it off the last few months and right before we left for vacation last week--like literally gonna walk out the door, hubby was like uh oh poop butt! We wiped what we could, and I cut off the rest of the fur! We will never forget to trim butt fur again! (Poop was soft here from Jack's rough week of 106 fever, antibiotics, and finding out we have fleas and tapeworms!)

Leslie

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He will need to be bathed if you don't want it all over your furniture - no way around it....sorry. But you would only need to really do the back end, tail, and legs - not the entire body.