HELP - Fever 105.1 F

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by greenvillegal

Our baby Caesar has a fever of 105.1. I read that the normal temp is 100-102.
Call your vet or the closets Vet ER

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree Vet now.
A temp that high is usually indicative of infection.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, since he's been peeing in inappropriate places and is also running a fever, he needs to see the vet. A round of good antibiotics may be all he needs.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please vet asap. When Joshua
was a kitten he spiked to 105 ( a vaccine reaction) he became so lethargic and unresponsive..we had one fast drive to the vets.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please take the poor muffin to the vet...Bella once had a fever that high...she was so lethargic, like a wet noodle. A course of antibiotics and she was good as gold.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dead...

Well after I posted, DBF came home & we went 2 dinner 4 a friend's bday. Caesar was so pitiful when we got home. He was so sad looking, & u could really tell that he just felt uncomfortable & just wanted 2 lie still. He felt really warm 2 us so we took his temp, well above normal 4 a cat. We waited a little while but then snapped when Jason tried 2 put him in the bathroom bc he had 2 tinkle. He just fell over & lost his bladder right there on the floor while shaking & lying there. It was heartbreaking. We took him in right away. His fever had elevated 2 106. The doctor came in & said he didn't like what he was feeling & sorta beat around the bush (not 2 b mean) until we got an x-ray & some bloodwork. The results were unclear, but the prognosis was not good. Eventually the doctor admitted (I could see he was trying 2 b gentle bc we were crying) that we could spend lots of $$ treating him but this was a chronic thing that wasn't going 2 go away & he would always have problems, if indeed it ended up not being kidney failure. They were going 2 have 2 run more tests 2 figure it out but no matter what the prognosis was not going 2 b good. We did not want him 2 suffer anymore last night or ever. So we made the decision. A decision both DBF & I hoped 2 never make again. It was so sad, he was so pitiful & it's almost like he knew. We were both pretty much sobbing. On the way home the vet called & said that it was very peaceful, quick, & painless, & that he got some urine from him & it was indeed kidney failure. So I guess we did the right thing.

DBF & I hardly slept last night, & my eyes r so hugely swollen from crying. I really should have stayed home 2day but I don't get paid 4 that. I hope God will protect us & give us strength. Sorry about the shorthand.

I am SOOOOOO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the 2nd baby we've had to do this to in 3 months!!!

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so so sorry, its one of the most difficult things in the world, and I am crying right along with you. God will give you protection and strength to go through this ordeal. I know, I've been through it.

Many Many Prayers for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. I am just lucky to still have Amadeus and Sebastian, they were so loving to us when we got home last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.