Secret Santa Sign Up!! - Sign ups are closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's Secret Santa time again!!
Please read the following before sending your email.

In order to participate, you must:
1. Be serious about participating and committed to sending out your gift. If you are either logistically or financially unable to ship your gift to arrive in time for December 25th, please do not sign up.
2. Be at least 18 years old.
3. Have 300 or more posts. If you're not quite to 300, please note this part of our rules:

10. a) We will not allow spamming. Threads about nothing or for the sole purpose of bumping up post counts are not allowed and will be removed without notice. This includes duplicate posts. So no posting just to get your post count up in order to be eligible to sign up this year.
4. Been a member for 6 months as of the close of registration (in other words have registered in March 2008 or earlier).
5. OR be a Subscribing Member, which would overrule #3 and #4.

*Please note: Except for extraordinary circumstances, if gifts are not received by your recipient in a timely manner, or at all, you will not be eligible to participate in the future.

You have until September 12th to sign up. No further registrations will be allowed after that date.

To sign up, please send an email to [email protected].

In your email please include the following:

~TCS Username
~Real Name
~Mailing Address
~Are you willing to ship overseas/to another country?
~Hints for your Secret Santa, including but not limited to: t-shirt size, favorite colour, food/fragrance likes/dislikes, anything you collect (within the price range), your kitty's likes/dislikes, and any other hints you think would be helpful.

We will send you confirmation (from the above email address) that we received your email. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 days, please resend your information.

Each person will receive one member as their Secret Santa recipient. You will receive an email with your recipient's information within a few days after sign ups have ended.

The upper price limit is $15-20USD, NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING. As of August 4, 2008, this converts to: 9.62-12.83 EUR, 7.64-10.19 GBP, 15.55-20.73 CAD, 16.12-21.49 AUD. Check here for additional currency conversions. Please note: this amount isn't set in stone; it's just mentioned here as a guideline. It's normal for people to spend more, but no one is obligated to.

A note about shipping: You should check your shipping options for the destination as soon as you have your SS name, so that you can make the best decision about when and how to ship -- for instance, the "slow boat" option for overseas shipping is no longer offered by USPS, so you'll have more time to shop, but it will cost more to ship overseas. There may be other changes, too, so be sure to check well in advance.

Let the fun begin!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woohoo!!! I'l just resend last years email with all my info

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow...Secret santa already and it is only August. I have never done it before...I will sign up!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

i didn't even think of that!
anyway, had to update Firefox's prefs, besides...
email has been sent!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ah, I've signed up now. I really really like the clarification on the rules - and about shipping prices. I know they are high - but if you buy lots of light stuff it's not too bad! :p

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

To take part or not to take part... hmm tough decision
I'd just love to take part, but unfortunately, we just can't afford to right now.
I was hoping we'd be in a better financial situation by now, since I missed out on last year's Secret Santa. But with four more "mouths" to feed and more vet bills, well, it's just not gonna happen..

Oh well, there's alway next year..

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will have to think about it with a new house this winter AND a wedding in the summer-we shall see......

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

That's exactly what I'm going to do...I knew I saved that e-mail for a reason!
Going to go send it off right now

Status
Not open for further replies.