Next Behavior Expert Forum - Help Us Choose a Topic

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Cat behaviorist Marilyn Krieger has kindly agreed to join us for another week of professional cat behavior advice to our members

Last time, she consulted members over litter box problems. We're looking for a new topic and thought we might ask you guys for some ideas. It needs to be large enough and of interest to a large number of people here. So, please, do come over here and cast your ideas. If it's been mentioned in the thread and you want it too, do post to say so (a bit like an informal survey).

Thank you!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the idea of issues in a multi cat household. I'm intrested specificly in redirected aggresion.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another vote for dealing with multi-cat issues, or introductions.

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Multiple cat households would probably benefit a large majority.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Introductions and multi-cat households are probably the biggest topics I've noticed lately.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

My only problem is severe aggression when grooming but I know that is a limited topic that won't be of use to most.
i don't know... it would help me! altho i wouldn't call Chip's "severe" it's certainly annoying!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to know some ideas on feeding with multi cats, some litter ideas with multi cats and play time with multi cats.

magycmyste

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd like the aggression when grooming topic as well - although I'd certainly pay attention to the issues in a multi-cat household. I've only got oone cat at the moment, but I might expect that to change at some point in the future!

emmylou

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd vote for aggression (biting and clawing) directed at humans.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
one cat appears to be dominant but rarely socializes and is too rough, playing turns to the other squeeling. the other two get along great. the one gets along with both. Is he jealous? it has been a few years since #3 moved in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

one cat appears to be dominant but rarely socializes and is too rough, playing turns to the other squeeling. the other two get along great. the one gets along with both. Is he jealous? it has been a few years since #3 moved in.
That would be a great topic to bring up if we go with multi-cat issues. I don't expect Merilyn to reply to it in this thread though
You may want to post it in the behavior forum if you don't want to wait, and maybe others can offer advice.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Multi-cat households! I would be interested in intros, spraying issues, playtime, pretty much everything that's been mentioned regarding multiple cats.

Aggressions during grooming is another topic I'd be interested in, as I have issues with that with Delilah.