Vomiting.

catstorm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Tiger has been vomiting for the last 4 days now.Dont have money to take him to the vet until wed. What could of cause this? can tape worms cause this? Because he had some white worms crawling out his stool? but that was like 3 weeks ago, now i dont see any. Also when i was feeding Cabezona kitten food for when she was nursing she always leave half and tiger will eat the rest of it.Now i switched them back to dry food, could this be the cause?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catstorm

My cat Tiger has been vomiting for the last 4 days now.Dont have money to take him to the vet until wed. What could of cause this? can tape worms cause this? Because he had some white worms crawling out his stool? but that was like 3 weeks ago, now i dont see any. Also when i was feeding Cabezona kitten food for when she was nursing she always leave half and tiger will eat the rest of it.Now i switched them back to dry food, could this be the cause?
Did you give the cat any worm medication? If so, what kind? If you saw worms 3 weeks ago, did not give him worm meds, then he still has worms. It's possible both your cats have worms.

Is the cat keeping any food down? Has he vomited everything he's eaten for the past 4 days? If so, you need to really see the vet sooner than Wednesday. Perhaps your vet would allow you to pay Wednesday but see your cat today. The vet will probably want to see a fecal sample as well to determine what type of worm kitty has.

And please, whatever you do, do NOT give your cats over-the-counter worm medications. Get those from your vet for the safety of your cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catstorm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No medications what so ever, i did go to the vet and asked them for some but theyd have to check him and verify it.Also no appointments available until the 11th but the girl there said to call tomorrow and try and that i might get lucky.Tiger did not vomit today hes eating and drinking water but he does look a little thinner.Im trying to switch him from dry food to wet food but he seems to dislike all the wet foods i put in front of him.Already tried FancyFeast, Naruto(i think), Purina pro plan a couple other but cant remember the name and had no luck.Wich do you recomend that are good for him?

blaise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catstorm

...Im trying to switch him from dry food to wet food but he seems to dislike all the wet foods i put in front of him...Which do you recomend that are good for him?
I know that some cats "don't understand" that this wet stuff is "food"...they don't recognize it as food...after Mommy's milk, they only had access to dry kibble, and so they learned that dry kibble is food.

So, maybe that's why Tiger's not interested.

IF that's what is going on, one Veterinarian has posted some ideas which may help you on her website here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catstorm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He knows that its food its just that he doesnt seem interested in the flavor i bring him.He did eat wet food but it was for kittens, use to eat the leftovers that my other cat left wich was pregnant at the time.Im giving them dry food right now but look too skinny and wana fatten them up a lil bit.Also i took them to the vet and gave them their vaccines, they were due and man was it expensive.Everything seems good as in health but cabesona needs to improve in health more.Im going to keep trying with the wet foods until i find one they like.