My squirrel!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This little girl has been hanging around for a while now, and she's adorable
She's a lot more brave than other squirrels in the area, she is always hanging around - I see her often each day, and she chases away all the other squirrels!

I feed her a squirrel specific mix, as well as banana chips which she loves, and give her a bowl of water of course! The cats love watching her on the balcony as well!

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
how cute!

We have tons of squirrels running around the yard all the time. It's funny because they always eat the birdfood and destroy the bird feeders and this drives my dad crazy!
He tried to duct-tape the feeders back together and even put corn out for the squirrels. But then the next day, he found the feeder broken in pieces on the ground and the birdfood all over.

Your squirrel is lucky, I sure she loves the food and water you're giving her.
How do you know it's a girl? I didn't know you could tell the sex just by looking at them.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KristyKitty

How do you know it's a girl? I didn't know you could tell the sex just by looking at them.
Male squirrels, like rats and mice, have a very large, very obvious scrotum and testicles, very easy to see.
She's definitely a girl

And she's very cute.

We had a friendly squirrel in my neighborhood growing up.
She had been the bottle baby of a former resident, and while rehabbed and successful as a wild squirrel, she remained very friendly.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pics - but how do you tell the difference between male and female squirrels - how do you know she is a she?

Oh ok, they are usually sitting down or running too fast for me to "look"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

Aww

Have you thought of a nickname for this cutie?
No, I was thinking last night that she needs a name!

Originally Posted by KristyKitty

I'd actually been calling him a he until I saw the pics - I noticed that in the pics she has prominent nipples, so I assumed she's had babies previously (and I didn't see any boy bits!).

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I LOVE squirrels. After cats, they're my favorite animal. She's adorable!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

You should call her Nutmeg!

Lol, just a thought
I forgot to post again - I love that name, so have been calling her Nutmeg, and told my neighbours that is her name, so they can call her that as well