My baby boy is home!

clueless

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sooooo it took me A LOT of thinking to decide which kitty i was gonna keep......and I decided to keep Freckle
But i renamed him Bubbs lol cause hes pretty lazy....and he is HUGE compared to all the other kittens, lol. I love fat cats =]

I gave Dora to my friend Courtney && Nala to my other friend Jackie so theres only two left....Simba && Tickles. Anyone want a kitten? Haha here they are:

NALA-----

TICKLES-----

Hopefully someone can take one (or both) before we have to bring them to the shelter....and I dont want to do that =/

ANYWAYSSS heres some pics I took of my baby boy, Bubbs

Enjoy!

Lucky && his new friend...

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
What beautiful kittens. How old are they though? They seem too young to be placed in new homes to me. The recommended age for that is 16 weeks, or at the very minimum 12 weeks. They really should stay with the mom and with each other until that age, to get properly socialized in the feline lore.

Not to come across as being harsh, but this being a cat welfare site, I am a bit concerned.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

They seem too young to be placed in new homes to me. The recommended age for that is 16 weeks, or at the very minimum 12 weeks. They really should stay with the mom and with each other until that age, to get properly socialized in the feline lore.
Ditto.

And I am hoping/guessing that you shelters are not like mine... Ours have a 80% Euthinasia rate...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clueless

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for being concerned, guys

Theyre 6 weeks old....I read somewhere that 6 weeks is the minimum you can give them away, and people all around me always give their kittens away at 6 weeks =/ I guess we've all been doing it wrong, lol. x] Well the reason Ive began giving them away is because my mom told me that she wants them out of here. Shes not too compassionate when it comes to cats. She doesn't like them too much. It was so hard for her even to let Mommy Cat have her babies in our basement, let alone let them stay there for this long. So i really have no other choice but to start giving them away :*( But no worries my 2 friends that i gave them to are VERY caring. They each got the kittens Kitten Milk and soft kitten food...and they're with the kittens A LOT. So i think they will be great in their new homes

Bubbs is doin just fine in my house!

OH I made a mistake with the two kittens' pictures....I accidentally put a pic of Nala instead of Simba. So here's Simba--the other one that we need to find a home for besides Tickles:::::::

OH one more thing--Do you think Bubbs is longhaired?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They all look shorthair to me.

I hope that even tho you had no choice but to take them earlier (since they are still nursing at 6 weeks old), the kittens went to homes with older cats/kittens or paired - and not single homes.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see a short hair. Long hair is a recessive gene if I am correct and both parents need to carry the gene with one of them being long haired. I think this is the formula anyway.
I had to capture my kittens Sachi and Saffron before they turned feral which was at 5 and 6 weeks. They are healthy and doing well. I could not catch their siblings so I had to leave Lucia outside for a little while. When I saw that they were gone I brought her inside. Now I am letting them stay until they are 4 months. They are getting fixed next month.
Long stays with Mom are best but if not it is best if they have another cat to be with who can help teach them what they will miss.

clueless

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah my friend courtney has a long haired gray kitten....maybe about 12 weeks or older--shes VERY cute.

And my other friend Jackie who took nala got another kitten from the shelter and they adore eachother

And I already have a cat Lucky
He acts like a father to bubbs--its so cute

Lol I just gave Bubbs a bath with Dawn. He HATED it lol but im trying to give him baths frequently so he will get used to it and maybe not hate it so much when hes older....i think it would be cool to have a cat that didnt mind water.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most cats if bathed at a young age (kittens) and on a regular basis will like or tolerate a bath. Whether or not my cats were shown (pedigree or mixed) they all get periodic baths. The show cats, of course, get bathed before the show.

Charlie loves baths - he cries when its all over

clueless

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwww thats so cute that he likes baths

I started giving mine baths since he was maybe 3 weeks?? But in his life (hes 6 weeks now) he's probably only had about 4. How often should i give him baths so he's used to it and could possibly like baths when he's older??

Thankyou guys =)

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Most cats if bathed at a young age (kittens) and on a regular basis will like or tolerate a bath. Whether or not my cats were shown (pedigree or mixed) they all get periodic baths. The show cats, of course, get bathed before the show.

Charlie loves baths - he cries when its all over
That is absolutely adorable.

clueless

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
GOOD NEWS!!

I found them all homes

All the babies have their very own loving homes now

My friend Jackie took two, a very loving lady i met with many other cats has dora, and our neighbors are taking Simba
hes staying with us for another week though because our neighbors are busy at fair this week.
So we dont have to bring any of them to the shelter