Wow!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last Sunday I had to go to the er due to severe abdominal pain. I found out I had a kidney stone(recently passed) and an enlarged ovary that is now going down...4 months ago I weighed 273 and honestly I havent been doing much to lose weight other then watching what I eat and drinking more water then normal. When they weighed me I weighed 238
I was so thrilled but in shock too I cant believe Ive lost that much!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If there is a worse pain that a kidney stone, I don't know what it is. Women I know who have given birth and have passed a kidney stone say the stone is much worse.

Congrats on the weight loss.

Seeing some of the recent headlines, I wonder if it would work for me to go on a diet that included nothing that had high fructose corn syrup in it?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear about your kidney stone but way to go on the weight loss!!

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trigeminal neuralgia is considered the worst possible pain, with passing a kidney stone second.

Dietary changes, depending on the type of kidney stone, are very effective in preventing more stones - except for the ones already formed.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hon, I'm thrilled for your weight loss -- but it worries me, too. Sometimes unintentional weight loss can indicate trouble... like diabetes, for example. How long since you've had a good checkup?

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My dad sometimes gets kidney stones. He also gets migraines, poor guy.
One time he had a kidney stone, and the pain brought on so much stress and anxiety that he got a migraine too! He was very sick and throwing up, and had to stay in the hospital for a while. I can't imagine how painful that would be, but I think they were able to relieve his pain in the hospital. Now he drinks plenty of water, little caffeine, and takes medicine to prevent migraines.

Anyway, congratz on your weight-loss!
I guess that just shows that simply eating healthy is the best way to lose weight, not any fad-diets or diet pills.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KristyKitty

My dad sometimes gets kidney stones. He also gets migraines, poor guy.
so, how does the pain compare, has he ever said? just curious - i've never had kidney stones, but i've had migraines all of my life...
Originally Posted by KristyKitty

Anyway, congratz on your weight-loss!
I guess that just shows that simply eating healthy is the best way to lose weight, not any fad-diets or diet pills.
congratulations!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats Brandi, good for you!

Originally Posted by mrblanche

Seeing some of the recent headlines, I wonder if it would work for me to go on a diet that included nothing that had high fructose corn syrup in it?
I think that is a very wise move!!!! DH and I have always avoided high fructose corn syrup wherever possible.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

Last Sunday I had to go to the er due to severe abdominal pain. I found out I had a kidney stone(recently passed) and an enlarged ovary that is now going down...4 months ago I weighed 273 and honestly I havent been doing much to lose weight other then watching what I eat and drinking more water then normal. When they weighed me I weighed 238
I was so thrilled but in shock too I cant believe Ive lost that much!!!
Think of all the good things that have passed.