I hate that

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you think someone is your friend, then they complain about you behind your back. There is a lady I know well that works at a gas station. Anyway, DH went there this morning like he always does and she told him I was getting on her nerves. He didn't go into detail but she said I complain too much, probably because all week I was saying my feet hurt from my new job. Then she said I talk about Popsie too much.
That really PEED me off because she asks how he's doing all the time. If you don't want to hear about my cat then don't ask about him. DUH I'm just upset because now I feel like the friendship is tainted, if that makes any sense.

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
aw

lol but that's pretty dumb of her to complain of you to YOUR HUSBAND...I mean hello. She either wanted you to find out what she said, or she just made a dumb move.

I guess if it's really important to you, you should talk to her about it. Maybe she didn't mean it and was just venting. Or you could just say "I'd appreciate it you didn't talk about ME to my HUSBAND". I bet she would apologize after that.

But I hate that too, when someone is too scared to say something to your face, but then talks bad about you behind your back. I think everyone complains now and again about work and their co-workers, usually in private with their SO or something. Usually one does not complain to someone's spouse, of all people, about them! lol *shakes head*

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had someone who I thought was my friend tell another friend that I talked about my dead father too much. He had been dead for like 3 months when I heard this.

Needless to say, we are not friends anymore!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people

I'm in a situation where a girl I'd been friends with for quite a few years in NJ was coming to the town I live in this weekend ... to visit another girl we were friends with in NJ who moved here a couple weeks ago. So all she has done so far is texted me and asked where things in Summerville are because neither of them know and I've been here 3 years.
Every time I went back to NJ, I made it a point to visit her, and her parents too if possible! Whatever, you learn who your friends are! Sometimes in various ways!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

When you think someone is your friend, then they complain about you behind your back. There is a lady I know well that works at a gas station. Anyway, DH went there this morning like he always does and she told him I was getting on her nerves. He didn't go into detail but she said I complain too much, probably because all week I was saying my feet hurt from my new job. Then she said I talk about Popsie too much.
That really PEED me off because she asks how he's doing all the time. If you don't want to hear about my cat then don't ask about him. DUH I'm just upset because now I feel like the friendship is tainted, if that makes any sense.
Is she really your friend - or just an aquaintence? Unless she asked your DH not to tell you, it sounds like she wanted you to know.
You might want to say I thought you cared about how I felt and about Poopsie, but since I now know I was getting on your nerves, I won't bother you anymore.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. She wanted you to know and you should say what Rock Cat just posted...

But I have a question.... if that were me and someone complained to me about my bf and they weren't in our circle of friends.. .or even if they were.. I would have told her off... and than I would not have said ANYTHING to my bf.

But that's me....

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you socialize with this woman outside of her work? Do you see her other places besides the gas station? If not, then you're merely acquaintances. If she's complaining about you to your DH, then don't tell her anymore stories. If you have to go there, just pay for your gas, and be on your way. Don't let someone who really wasn't your friend get under your skin.

If I were you, I wouldn't press it any further. All that would do would be to create an awkward situation.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Do you socialize with this woman outside of her work? Do you see her other places besides the gas station? If not, then you're merely acquaintances. If she's complaining about you to your DH, then don't tell her anymore stories. If you have to go there, just pay for your gas, and be on your way. Don't let someone who really wasn't your friend get under your skin.

If I were you, I wouldn't press it any further. All that would do would be to create an awkward situation.
Excellent advice Kelly. Now that you know how she feels, you know how to interact with her in the future. Put it behind you and move on to happier things in your day - don't let it cloud a lovely weekend

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Next time she asks about Popsie, tell her " I won't bore you with stories about Popsie since it bores you so much" Make your purchases and go on your way. If she says anything more just let her know that your DH told you she doesn't like to hear your stories.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't want to steal your thunder, so I am going to post some interesting things that have happened in my career that I was reminded about via this post.

However, other than that, the pessimist in me wants to know why this whole conversation got started without you ( and, of course, Popsie) and why is it the second one without you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

I didn't want to steal your thunder, so I am going to post some interesting things that have happened in my career that I was reminded about via this post.

However, other than that, the pessimist in me wants to know why this whole conversation got started without you ( and, of course, Popsie) and why is it the second one without you?
Not quite sure what you're asking. Could you elaborate.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I would stop socializing with this person. Next time she asks how you are, just say "Fine." If she inquires about Popsie, give the same response, say thank you and be on your way.

I'm certain she'll get the message.