What's the Cutest Thing You've Ever Seen Your Cat(s) Do?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen quite a lot of cute things in all the years I've had cats, but I think the cutest/sweetest thing I've ever seen was when the kittens were about 4 weeks old and still in 'lock-up' in their room, and Salem (the momma) would come sit at my feet while I was eating for a 'handout', then proceed to take the food into her babies to eat.
She would carry the food to them like a proud lioness who had just caught her prey. It was just so sweet & precious!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
got a couple... Java will lift her nose for kisses when i say 'kisses'. Chip carries my little stuffed kittens all over the place - they're about the size of a 5-6 week old kitten - you can see some of them here, w/Firefox.

Chip would be a great mom!

caitlin01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Chesney he does the cutest thing ever, he had an abscess once and it hurt him when he put his tounge in his mouth so he used to stick his tounge out and it was so cute and he still does it now.

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My little Sport never had a mommy, and I have had him just about since birth. He, therefore, thinks that I am the mommy. He hates to be more than 5 feet away from me...follows me everywhere I go. It is the cutese thing.

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Way too many to list but one of the cutest thing I've ever seen was, she sneaked up around my feet, sat down while slowly stood up raising her right arm(paw), and "paw!!!" She quickly pounced a thumb of my foot and dashed away. She occasionally does this when I least paying attention. One time I kinda caught her "in action" but I didn't stop her, actually I watched how she did it. She looked very serious, so much like a little kid who sneaks up to her mom, stomps on her foot and runs away, just for "a little revenge" of some sort.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Larry, too, has so many things he does that are so cute. I'll try to narrow it down to a couple.

Let's see. He knows when it's feeding time, so he'll lie by the kitchen, on his side, and as I walk by, he'll reach out his front paws and sort of gently grab my feet.....no claws out.

Other times, if he's walking nearby, facing me, it's like he's asking for petting, and when I reach down, he'll sort of bounce up to meet my hand, his front paws very far off the ground, and he's turning at the same time, so that the back of his head can get the full feeling of the hand.....hard to describe, but it always makes me smile.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like others, there are so many, I don't know where to begin. But one that sticks out is Aurora and her daughter Lil Roar. Aurora still acts if Lil Roar is a kitten, even though she is 5 years old. Aurora will still care for and groom Lil Roar just like she did when she was a baby and the cutest part, is when Aurora tries to pick Lil Roar up and take her to a safe place to groom her. She can be seen at times, dragging Lil Roar across the floor. Of course, I can never get a picture of this. Another one is Carmelo. When he was a cub, he would always suck my thumb at night. Even though he is 3 years old and a 180 pound boy, he will still suck my thumb, closes his eyes and purr

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All three of my cats are droolers. When I pet, or even just talk to them, the waterworks start. I've read that's a sign of love...I don't know, but I think it's great!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sport

My little Sport never had a mommy, and I have had him just about since birth. He, therefore, thinks that I am the mommy. He hates to be more than 5 feet away from me...follows me everywhere I go. It is the cutese thing.
That's my Geronimo.
When we first got him as a kitten, he wouldn't let me out of his sight.
He'd have to sleep right next to my head - which I didn't mind - but the problem was, is that he purred so loudly that I couldn't sleep; and he wanted to be petted. So I'd put him down by my feet, or on the floor - which didn't stop him any; he'd go right back to where he wanted to be - by my head. And heaven forbid if I closed a door on him (like when I went to the bathroom!). He'd sit right by it, and whine till I let him in!
He's not quite as bad as he used to be, but he still has to know where I'm at 24/7.

Originally Posted by nanner

Let's see. He knows when it's feeding time, so he'll lie by the kitchen, on his side, and as I walk by, he'll reach out his front paws and sort of gently grab my feet.....no claws out.
Winchester does that, too - only it's not just when it's feeding time. And unfortunately, he still hasn't learned to keep his claws in! Ouch!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always thought this pic is kinda cute.
It's Maverick, running off with the duster.

I never could get any dusting done, 'cuz he'd always run off with it!
(well, it's as good of an excuse as any!
).

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The cutest thing so far would be Omelet about a week ago. I couldn't find him anywhere, and I go to my 4 year old sons room, and find him tightly curled up in his arms sleeping (they both were sleeping). He loves my 4 year old so much, it was a very sweet moment that showed the bond that is going to be strong for many years

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
My kitties sit by the screen door, in exactly the same pose, and watch birds or lizards on the other side. I love the way their heads all turn back and forth or bob up and down together. Just like watching synchronized swimming.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats used to have their litterbox downstairs, but both cats loved following me around the 3-storey house. Once, I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom, both cats were playing around at my feet. Suddenly, Cassie walked into the shower stall area, squatted over the drainage hole (not sure what you'd call that, its where bath water flows down) and peed right there! I never taught her how to do that, she just figured it out on her own, and that was the one and only time she did it. And if you're wondering... no I don't pee in the shower stall!!

Another cute thing... I was sitting on the floor with a crinkly toy in my hand that makes a fair amount of noise. Cassie was intrigued and wanted to see what I was holding, so I played with her, holding the toy behind my back and crinkling it... when she went behind me, I quickly switched hands and brought the toy to the front, so she went front, back, front, back, very curious to know what it was. Along came Wukong (her son), he went behind me back, took a sniff at my hand, looked at Cassie for a while, and poof! She immediately lost interest and walked away. To this day I have no idea what went on there, I can only assume Wukong told her what my "secret" was

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

My cats used to have their litterbox downstairs, but both cats loved following me around the 3-storey house. Once, I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom, both cats were playing around at my feet. Suddenly, Cassie walked into the shower stall area, squatted over the drainage hole (not sure what you'd call that, its where bath water flows down) and peed right there! I never taught her how to do that, she just figured it out on her own, and that was the one and only time she did it. And if you're wondering... no I don't pee in the shower stall!!

If you think that's funny, I caught Gabriel peeing in the toilet - more than once!
And I never taught him to do it, either!

The last time he did it, I managed to grab the camera fast enough to take pix.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can think of 4 atm. My son found Blossom dumped at 3 w/o so I bottle fed her. When she was drinking the milk her little ears would go up & down, very cute.
If she's been asleep & we turn a light on it wakes her up. She squints her eyes & blinks as if to say, did you have to put that bright light on.
If I can't find her I'll open the cat food container & she comes running, I trick her every time.
Like all cats, its so cute when she sleeps on her back with her toes curled up.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

If she's been asleep & we turn a light on it wakes her up. She squints her eyes as if to say, did you have to put that bright light on.
This reminds me of Cassie. If she's sleeping and we touch her, she'll squint her eyes and go "hrmm?" complete with the inflection! Seriously funny and cute!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

My previous cat Coco, who now lives with my mum, used to do that. I used to keep her litter box in the laundry. If she wanted to go when she was in another part of the house or the door was closed she would squat over the bath drain or shower drain hole. She did it quite a bit for a while then stopped. A few years later, I caught her doing it again.
I think its very smart of them to think of doing it there. Easy to clean with a little hot soapy water.