desktop icons

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a wierd problem with my desktop items. If anyone knows how to fix it, I would really appreciate it.

The icons are assigned to the wrong applications. For instance, AVG virus protection looks like Virtural Earth and Internet Explorer looks like HP. Several of them are messed up, but not all of them.

Thanks!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What have you done on your computer lately? List it all from installing anything to basic disk maintenance. For some reason is seems they may have been moved or something messed with their paths.

Unfortunately, it's been so long since I've dealt with Explorer that I can't recall off the top of my head how it would be fixed - other then a long manual way.
Maybe one of the first places to start would be to check the program executables and see if some of them still have their icons.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

What have you done on your computer lately? List it all from installing anything to basic disk maintenance. For some reason is seems they may have been moved or something messed with their paths.

Unfortunately, it's been so long since I've dealt with Explorer that I can't recall off the top of my head how it would be fixed - other then a long manual way.
Maybe one of the first places to start would be to check the program executables and see if some of them still have their icons.
Thanks. Actually, I figured it out. I just right clicked on them individually and changed the icon back.