*****KatKwiz! - August 2 - this one is HARD*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This may be the hardest question about The Cat Site ever asked.

How many Parent Forums are there on TCS? _______

If anybody can answer this correctly within two hours, they get an extra thousand points.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

If anybody can answer this correctly within two hours, they get an extra thousand points.
And nobody did. If I do not give help, I doubt this one will ever be answered so here is some help.

From here, go Back, which will take you to the listing of threads in The Cat Lounge. At the top of the list you will see a box that we first covered yesterday in KatKwiz: Forum Tools. Select that and look at the options. One of them is
View Parent Forum. If you play with that long enough you will come up with the correct answer.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I think you might be right.
When I said this was hard, I guess I was right.
Now for my final hint, which will give you the answer.
Go Back, and then scroll down to the lower right and you will find Forum Jump. Click on that and study the list and how it is organized. Then click on anything in that list which will take you there. When you get there, click on View Parent Forum which will take you to the Parent forum of whatever you chose. Then study the list in Forum Jump again. Of course you could go to each of the listed places and find out what their Parent Forum is but I think after a couple times you will see from the Forum Jump list how it is organized and you will come up with the right answer.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

It's showtime! First, you need to take a look at the Forum Jump list. If you look at that list you will find 5 entries on the list that are to the left of all other entries. These are the 5 forums on The Cat Site. Many of you answered five and you were on the right track. A parent forum is a forum that has another forum attached to it. Starting from the bottom of the list you get by clicking on Forum Jump, Members Market Place is not a parent forum because there is nothing under it. TCS support is a parent forum because of the attachments below it and IMO is also a parent forum. Going up you see Cats and Other Animals which is a parent forum but Crossing the Bridge is not a parent forum because there is nothing attached to it. Keep going up in the list and you will find there are 12 parent forums on TCS. All of this can be proved by clicking on any of the entries in the Forum Jump list and then clicking on View Parent Entry.

Oh well, this is why there is a KatKwiz.