Silver Egyptian Mau kitty needs home...

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope not Luxor, no one is getting Luxor he's mine mine mine. But I was just chatting with his breeders, Fred and Linda Smith and they are in a pickle.

An elderly lady adopted a kitty last year (from Luxor's line, not a littermate) and she's now in a nursing home and can not take care of him. He's neutered and a year old. Fred and Linda have asked me if I could take him (but I can't) and I really want to help find him a loving home. He loves to sleep and eat but his previous owner didn't play with him much so he is just learning about teaser toys....

Is anyone interested? He's free of charge - I'm sure there would be shipping charges but he really needs a home.....

anyone anyone? I have their phone number....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pm'ed you back!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh I hope so too. If he's anything like Luxor he just LOVES everyone. Part of me is upset that this elderly lady even TOOK a kitten but maybe something happened unexpectedly and that's why she couldn't keep him. But gosh, he didn't even know about TEASER TOYS

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers and vibes that the kitty finds a wonderful home very soon
- that kitty sounds like my former feral when he first began to hang out with us - didn't understand what TOYS were
especially sad to read that about a domesticated cat
But happier times are coming his way

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope someone on TCS is able to take him...I wish I could!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope he finds a good home, I wouldn't advertise him as free though.....

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, He's free to anyone in Maine because potential adoptees still have to go through the paperwork and the breeders were already paid for him. Shipping is extra and I mentioned that.

and may I ask why?

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So the potential adopter has to be from maine? Or will they ship to another state? The person adopting pays shipping and has references?

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

and may I ask why?
It's usually not seen as a good idea to advertise cats as free because there are some evil people who adopt cats for free and then use them to either feed their snakes, for helping to 'train' illegal dog fighting dogs or to turn around and sell them for a profit then to research labs who need cats to do tests on.

Usually even a low adoption fee will help weed out people like that, and really anyone who is dedicated enough to deserve the cat won't mind paying a few dollars for the cat. I mean they need to be able to spend a few dollars on the cat now and then, for vet visit and good food etc. so if someone is really really broke they probably shouldn't adopt a cat.

This is different of course if you know the people really well.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

So the potential adopter has to be from maine? Or will they ship to another state? The person adopting pays shipping and has references?
I can't speak for them, but I'm sure they wouldn't be able to afford to ship for free. So the potential adopter would probably need to pay shipping, they'll have paperwork to fill out/references....

if you are interested - PM me.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand that the person who is adopting would pay shipping fees.

Would an egyptian Mau do well with 2 abys, and a Bengal? Those 3 are my most active fur kids that would be the ones that set the pecking order. My other 3 are in their senior years and they let the younger ones rule the house.

I am interested if they really can't find a loving home for the kitty in their area. Let me know

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sent you a PM

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww I'd love to have a little kitty like Luxor! I have enough at the moment though

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, I think he's found a home in Rhode Island - I'll update you ASAP

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

Thanks everyone, I think he's found a home in Rhode Island - I'll update you ASAP
That is great news!!!! I wish the very best for the little one!