The TCS Member Party in Dallas - PLEASE READ!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beginning today, this thread will be a way for all those coming on August 30th to communicate with each other and make plans for activities and such. It's going to be a great day and we have room for more, if you live anywhere at all and can make it to the D/FW (Dallas) area on that day, you still have plenty of time to make your plans to do so. Read on...

Date and Time: August 30, arrive between 1 and 3 and snack on foods you never knew about before. A full five or six course Persian dinner will be served at about 4, Persian time.
All foods will be prepared by my Persian wife. (Do not have any concerns, DW regularly cooks for 30-40 extended family members in this area.) And everybody always raves about how great it was. The chief engineer in the Persian food department is Persi, our Persian cat who has sampled everything and can vouch for it!

Accomodations: Our beautiful guest room with private full bath has been spoken for but we still have accomodations that include the whole first floor with comfortable chaise lounge, satellite TV, Bose stereo, 3 writing desks, wi-fi server and computer and private bath. The cats' room is also on this floor so do not be surprised if you have a visitor during the night. If you are staying away because you are worried about accomodations, don't. You will also receive a full authentic Persian breakfast in the morning. For those of you not staying overnight, you can stay as late as you want and snack on all the delightful leftovers. There is also a Jacuzzi and automatic full length massage chair available.

Activities: Come relax in our formal living room upon arrival and enjoy the snacks and talk about your cats. Bring everything you have about your cats so you can proudly tell us other interested members about them. Bring all of your photos and cat albums. Bring your laptops for sure. If you do not have a laptop we have a spare you can use to access PhotoBucket or whatever. We have wi-fi throughout the house. After dinner, retire to the family room where we have a large screen HD Plasma TV that accepts inputs from all manner of devices. If you have video tapes or DVDs bring them and show your cats on the big screen. If you have a later model laptop, it will have an HDMI output on it and you can go directly into to HD TV. There are many more activities that I can list right now (such as putting a piece of paper on your forehead with a famous cat name visible to everybody but yourself and each person has to guess who they are by asking questions, you never had so much fun!), but that is why I am opening this forum or thread, so that we can discuss having the best TCS get together in history. Nothing less will be accepted by my wife or I.

Beverages. Premium beer and wine will be served as well as soft drinks and Persian tea.

Location: The exact location will be sent by PM but it is very near LBJ and Midway in Dallas. Since these are two of the most primary streets in Dallas I will assume you can find it on MapQuest, etc.

What to bring: Yourself and SO if you would like. Bring nothing else. Everything will be provided. That is the Persian way.

Note: You may have heard that you have to have a Persian cat to attend. Just an urban legend. You may have also heard that you have to answer a KatKwiz question to get in the door. Also, another urban legend. It is true however that the kats are calling this get together the KatKlik (cat clique).

DO NOT LET THIS MEETING GO BY YOU! If you are having some problems, pm me, I am sure we can work out some way of getting you here. Some of you are still undecided. Hopefully this post will end that. We have room for more; I know there must be many more cat lovers in the area and when have you ever heard of a bunch of cat lovers getting together like this?

Lastly, please keep this thread alive.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...Oh Jan!....

Seriously.....

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
For a success meeting!...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geez, your place sounds better than a 5 star hotel, and it comes complete with 2 fur babies to cuddle with!!

I think I may have to come down for this meeting!

Hope you guys have fun!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
what about board/party games [the kind in a box]? i have loads of those. i also have cat bingo & cat playing cards.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

what about board/party games [the kind in a box]? i have loads of those. i also have cat bingo & cat playing cards.
Cat Bingo? Sounds cool to me as well as the cat playing cards. When you see Sheri in the kitchen she will be wearing her hand made cat apron adorned with all breeds of cats that she bought in Cheshire, England.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Cat Bingo? Sounds cool to me as well as the cat playing cards. When you see Sheri in the kitchen she will be wearing her hand made cat apron adorned with all breeds of cats that she bought in Cheshire, England.
it's a cute game - my kids at school like it. i'll bring both, as well as other board/table type games - i have Clue, Trival Pursuit, Scattergories, Pictionary, Taboo... my sister has Apples to Apples, which i can borrow [i LOVE that one!].

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like it's going to be a great time
Don't forget to take pics

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

you're one to talk - you actually HAD your camera out at our lunch & STILL didn't think to take
!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I agree. It sounds like it's going to be the event of the year! Enjoy everyone!

Originally Posted by laureen227

you're one to talk - you actually HAD your camera out at our lunch & STILL didn't think to take
!
I've met Tracy twice already and we didn't take pics either!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to make a video of our kitties for the event, but every time I get out the camera, they stop doing whatever cute thing they were doing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I've been trying to make a video of our kitties for the event, but every time I get out the camera, they stop doing whatever cute thing they were doing!
Most of you will find this astonishing, but back in 1996, I had a digital camera and nobody had any idea of what the heck I had and everybody was crowded around me all the time trying to see. Since then I have upgraded every two years and now have six digital cameras. Despite having six digital cameras, I was always missing pictures because the cats would always be in a room where there was no camera. So DW told me to start leaving one camera in each room. Somehow this never worked and she said what you need is a camera in your phone so it will always be with you. I was extremely opposed to this being an old time photographer but she went out Friday and bought me a new iPhone. Well, this will never replace my digital SLR but it does take reasonable pictures and unless I am in the shower I should never have any excuse for missing pics again.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Forget visiting -- can I come live with you?

I second that!
But somehow, I don't think that Lee & his wife would want another TEN cats running around in their beautiful home!

I really envy y'all. I sure wish we could make it..

I really hope y'all have a marvelous time!
And don't forget the pix!

Tiff

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And if you're in the shower, you're not likely to have any feline company anyway!
You mean to tell me that your furbies don't follow you into the bathroom, Carol?
Geez - you're lucky!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, the bathroom, yes -- but certainly not the shower!
They stand and watch in horror as I become drenched!