Ear Infection

killiminjaro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat's ear is inflamed, pinkish, has a scab inside, and gives off a foul odor. My mom thinks it's not very serious, but it also seems that he's not very well coordinated, and isn't as active. It's like he sleeps one place and doesn't want to get back up. I'm wondering if this sounds familiar too any of you or not?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He needs to see a vet to get it checked out asap, and i'm sure he'll be given a good dose of antibiotics because that sounds really infected. You've said he isn't as active, so that also is a tell tale sign that somethings not right

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

He needs to see a vet to get it checked out asap, and i'm sure he'll be given a good dose of antibiotics because that sounds really infected. You've said he isn't as active, so that also is a tell tale sign that somethings not right
i've had cats for over 30 years & i've never seen anything like what you're describing... if i had, we'd be seeing the vet 1st thing!

chatterbox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's definite to get it checked out. Not only can the infection grow, but it's painful too! It could be bacterial or yeast, and either way, it can become quite the problem! I've seen some pretty bad ears. One dog went deaf because the owner didn't think her ear infection was too bad. So, I'd definitely have it checked!

Good luck!

Cassie