Where do your cats sleep?

roobear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just out of curiosity do you cats have particular room in which they sleep or to you give them free run of the house at night? My boyfriends cats have a proper cat bed upstairs on the landing but they also have the choice of the kitchen or conservatory. My cats, Frank has his own cushion in the kitchen and he stays in there all night, Max sleeps in my bed which of course is fine for him but is not so good for me cos he is like a little radiator, he is so hot, but i can't throw him out. Plus its more his bed than my bed now as i'm away at uni most of the year.

melissa4321

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty sleeps on the bed with me. It's a small bed, though, so sometimes she is on the floor

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Patches sleeps in the office / guestroom on the couch ... Bridget who is huge tries to sleep on my hip when she slides off she sleeps between DH and I , until his snoring gets to her and she goes and curls up in one of our bedroom chairs.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine usually sleep where ever they please; whether that's with me, or where ever else they choose. Four of the five will sleep with us in 'shifts'...one prefers to sleep on the bed during the day...when she doesn't have to share...Lol!!!

On particularly 'rough and tumble' nights, I do tend to lock them out of the bed room though...so I can at least get some sleep...Lol!

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wherever they want but usually in the bedrooms either under or on the bed. They are best of friends but don't usually sleep on the same bed, if one is sleeping on the bed and the other jumps up on the bed one will leave.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine sleep wherever they please at the moment. It seems to change on a regular bases, though Kuce likes the beds (Both human and cat) and her carrier. Luvbug loves the couch or his cat bed. Lil' Jag loves the couch, her bed or anywhere high.

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Scuddy sleeps under the bed most nights, Tuffy on the bed at the foot, Bandit sleep on feet, Piglet sleeps between DH feet or next to my hip. Now that everyone is bigger, they don't try to sleep on our heads

No fussing or rough house on the bed, we kick them off, and they have learned that little rule. Funny how they will learn rules.
K.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wherever they feel like. Sometimes we'll have 3 cats on the bed, other nights we have no cats. Stumpy is generally at DH's or my feet, Lily will be at my hip, and Smudge snuggled in my arm - I think DH moves to much, since they are generally with me.

If Stumpy's not on the bed, she'll be outside our door guarding it for us. Lily and Smudge will be on the couch or their cat tree if they're not with us.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine sleep with me under the covers, my 3 hot water bottles

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blossom mostly sleeps on our bed. I don't allow her access to the rest of the house because of other pets.

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its 6:20AM and I am up because my giant cat Bridget felt that she needed to walk all over me and settle on trying to balance herself on my thigh pinning me flat to the bed. I couldnt stay in one position so I got up and came down stairs to see what was up at TCS.

Im the sort that once Im up , Im up... so here I sit awake for no reason and I look over and Bridget is asleep in the chair beside me.

Me thinks someone likes me

I just wish she could like me and let me sleep lol

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wherever they want.
Usually they hang out in whatever room I'm in. Right now they are upstairs in their beds. We have cat beds on my dresser in the bedroom, and one in the spare room. They like to sleep in those during the day. They also spend a lot of time on our couch. It's a pretty comfy couch.

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My oldest kitty, Asher usually sleeps in the bedroom with me. Jack, our newest addition sometimes sleeps in the bedroom but usually sleeps on the couch in the living room.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Punkin, ever the mugwump, likes to sleep on top of the TV in our bedroom. Very occasionally, he'll get on the foot of the bed. Sterling spends most of the night next to Dottie's shoulder. Ella is still settling in, but during the day, she sleeps behind the entertainment center.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Mine sleep with me under the covers, my 3 hot water bottles
Not so sure I'd want all those hot water bottles THIS time of year...Lol!!!
I'd have to peel them off in the morning, or shower to remove the poor sweated on sticky beings...it's sooooo hot and humid here; and we don't have AC this summer

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Not so sure I'd want all those hot water bottles THIS time of year...Lol!!!
It's winter over here

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Everywhere!
Delilah likes to sleep in my 12yo DS's bed. Griffin likes to sleep with 8yo DS, and Bastian likes to sleep with DD. Blue and Piper usually sleep with me, but since Adam's been in my bedroom they haven't been allowed.
So, they've resorted to their daytime nap spots - Blue in her bed on top of some cabinets, and Piper in the basket of winter snow pants. (Griffin and Bastian are also partial to this basket during the day, and they all cuddle up together sometimes.) Adam's been sleeping in my bed for the timebeing, and Sprout has been sleeping on the couch under his blanket.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they sleep where ever.

Stoli usually sleeps on or under the covers, between my legs. Luxor on top of him. And I toss and turn all night and get up 5 times to pee....so then I have to weasel my way back into bed.

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anywhere she wants to, as long as her butt wouldn't be in front of my face

Ku Ku has her own comfy bed but doesn't seem to sleep there unless the weather gets little colder. She just keeps changing her "bed" these days - was sleeping next to me for few months but recently started sleeping on a chair next to bed.