What's for dinner ?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Decided to cook tonight and made a very nice dinner of Lemon Basil Chicken, Whole Wheat Penne with a blush sauce and green beans from my brother's garden..For dessert sliced peaches and some table cream..

It was yummy

What was on your Menu?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Uhh...Campbell's tomato soup and garlic bread. I've paired that with a tall glass of Diet Cherry Zero.

I had dental work done today, so I went the "comfort food" route.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met my boyfriend for dinner since I haven't seen him for like 3 days (the joys of him working a retail job). So we had D'Angelo's and I had a Chicken Cobb Salad. It was really good. He had the Thanksgiving Feast grinder which is amazing.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Depends whether I feel like firing up the BBQ. Weather's been iffy today, but it looks like clearing, and it's a couple of hours until I need to decide, so maybe...

In which case, grilled pork cutlets, grilled baby carrots, probably Jasmine rice. Dessert will be fruit of some sort. There are beautiful blueberries, and gorgeous cherries, and mango... we'll see.

If I decide not to do the BBQ thing, I might still use the pork, or I might just do Butter Chicken with Pappadams.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went shopping and gave Rob the option of chicken, brats, or pierogies. He picked the Johnsonville Smoked Brats for dinner on brat buns. They were pretty good, but my eyes were bigger than my stomach and couldn't finish two!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaghetti!!

Last night I did better. Grilled venison steaks, baked potato and corn on the cob. The steaks were fork tender and oh so yummy.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to create as I go... especially when it comes to my dinner scrambles...

I began by melting butter with some frozen minced garlic (Trader Joes has it), then sliced up some mini zucchini (also from TJ's, but other stores are starting to carry it in packages). Once the zucs were nearly done, I scrambled two eggs with some milk and added it in... then at the last sec, I threw in some frozen grated parmesan cheese (I can pull my cheeses out of the freezer anytime and throw some into a dish... easy for a single person).

A quick, simple scramble that's healthy for me and filling. tastes good too!

Now I'll go relax on the couch with a cat in my lap...

Amanda

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

I like to create as I go... especially when it comes to my dinner scrambles...

I began by melting butter with some frozen minced garlic (Trader Joes has it), then sliced up some mini zucchini (also from TJ's, but other stores are starting to carry it in packages). Once the zucs were nearly done, I scrambled two eggs with some milk and added it in... then at the last sec, I threw in some frozen grated parmesan cheese (I can pull my cheeses out of the freezer anytime and throw some into a dish... easy for a single person).

A quick, simple scramble that's healthy for me and filling. tastes good too!

Now I'll go relax on the couch with a cat in my lap...

Amanda
Mmmmmm! We love zucchini and egg scramble. I think I'll make that for breakfast when we go to MIL's this weekend. Thanks for putting the idea in my head.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had grilled cheese sandwiches which I fry in CRISCO OIL, keeps the bread from burning, makes the cheese really melt, and gives the bread a nice buttery, crispy taste.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I completely skipped dinner last night I forgot to eat and by the time i was hungry i didnt have any money on me so i went home

I'm finding it hard not to eat cheese. no cheese spreads. I don't know what to put on my bread roll other than just margarine and tomatoes

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I completely skipped dinner last night I forgot to eat and by the time i was hungry i didnt have any money on me so i went home

I'm finding it hard not to eat cheese. no cheese spreads. I don't know what to put on my bread roll other than just margarine and tomatoes
Peanut butter?

I put PB on my bagels (and other breads, if I have them)... I actually prefer that over cream cheese, unless the bagel is flavored (like cinnamon raisin), then it's cream cheese, but I rarely have those...

A.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had some grilled yellowfin tuna steaks marinated with http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/28/dining/281frex.htmlthis this marinade I found online that used things that I have around the house. With that, I made a box of some kind of rice I had and then also grilled some asparagus seasoned with garlic powder, kosher salt, and olive oil. Yum yum. I was originally going to get salmon at the store, but the tuna steaks were on sale and cheaper than the salmon.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Peanut butter?

I put PB on my bagels (and other breads, if I have them)... I actually prefer that over cream cheese, unless the bagel is flavored (like cinnamon raisin), then it's cream cheese, but I rarely have those...

A.
I don't know, I find the German variety of spreads are good and actually quite healthy, nothing like the Kraft stuff.
Bagels are starting to be more common here. But out of my price range though! I prefer the cheap german Brotchen! I have to enjoy it while it lasts

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fuzzles

We had some grilled yellowfin tuna steaks marinated with http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/28/dining/281frex.htmlthis this marinade I found online that used things that I have around the house. With that, I made a box of some kind of rice I had and then also grilled some asparagus seasoned with garlic powder, kosher salt, and olive oil. Yum yum. I was originally going to get salmon at the store, but the tuna steaks were on sale and cheaper than the salmon.
I made Jalapeño-Citrus tuna steaks the other day, too. It is a recipe from Webber's "Art of the Grill" book but the recipe is not on their site.

I cooked up a storm this week. I made turkey schnitzel with couscous and bean salad. Last night we had Mexican Lasagna with fruit salad.

So what is for dinner tonight? Pizza!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yummy leftovers! I can't wait!
Last night i made pasta for dinner with a yummy cheese tomato flourentine sauce
It's delish

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, last night ended up being the Butter Chicken. Tonight it's steaks on the BBQ with grilled vegetables (baby carrots, asparagus, mushrooms) and nugget potatoes with pesto. Drunken blueberry shortcake for dessert.