Anyone in NJ like fat cats?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She seems like a sweet kitty, being handled by strangers. Whoever let her get that way then let her get loose should be not allowed to have hr back. I hope she finds a good home that will care for her properly.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just read that the cat's owner came forward to say she "had to abandon the cat because her home was foreclosed". So it's a foreclosure victim.

Hope it finds a good home where it can get a proper diet and exercise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AudioCat

I just read that the cat's owner came forward to say she "had to abandon the cat because her home was foreclosed". So it's a foreclosure victim.

Hope it finds a good home where it can get a proper diet and exercise.
Poor excuse. Even if he had no friends or relatives willing/able to take the cat, he should have taken her to the shelter himself instead of dumping her.

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The only problem with bringing her to the shelter is, at least around here, the shelter does not take all cats and you have to be put on a waiting list that is at least a couple months long. Shelters are so over crouded they can't take more animals. It is very sad but there are not many options anymore.

Manda

Edit: I am not condoning just leaving a cat, I'm just saying it is harder now, just so I don't confuse anyone!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What in Heavens name was the sweet girl eating that allowed her to get so big?

I'm sorry that her owner lost their home, but that's no excuse to just dump her.
Sometimes I wonder what people are using for brains!!!

I hope someone will adopt her and give her the loving home she deserves and where she'll get the proper food and care.

On a side note: I will NEVER call my Elliott fat again!

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

On a side note: I will NEVER call my Elliott fat again!
I was thinking the same thing about Root!!! It is very sad when people just leave their animals, it also sad that there are very few places to bring them anymore, but it IS possible to find a place to bring them so there is no reason to just leave them.

Manda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmomof3cats

I was thinking the same thing about Root!!! It is very sad when people just leave their animals, it also sad that there are very few places to bring them anymore, but it IS possible to find a place to bring them so there is no reason to just leave them.

Manda
Honestly, would you just dump your kids on the street? No more should you your cats--especially not a pampered indoor pet like this one must have been.

(I wonder if she's a bedcat. It would be nice in the winter, wouldn't it?)

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

Honestly, would you just dump your kids on the street? No more should you your cats--especially not a pampered indoor pet like this one must have been.

(I wonder if she's a bedcat. It would be nice in the winter, wouldn't it?)
I would never leave anything, I just said it is harder now than it used to be to find a good home, or a shelter to take an animal. It is by all means possible, but there are many people who just don't care. It is very sad, but our neighbor left their cat too and we had a very hard time finding him a new home. I will never condone just leaving an animal, sorry if I was misunderstood.

Manda

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats would live in my truck with me before I would abandon them. If I could find them great homes, and there was no way for me to feed them, is the only way I would let them go.

kat89447

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually, she left the cat with friends that agreed to take him to a shelter, she also gave his brother to another family. In this case, I don't think that the lady was at fault at all. She is an older lady that did the best she could. The fact that she came forward is an indicator that it was not a case of dumped kitty. I realize that there are plenty of people leaving pets behind, some in houses where they die from starvation but this was by all accounts not the case. No I do not know this woman, but I did read a couple of articles and what the shelter said was the above.