So that's what blinds are for!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally I found out what blinds are REALLY for. They don't make good shades from the sun or peeping Toms, they make much better doors and windows themselves!

Usually he used the "windows" that he made in my blinds for looking out, or walking through, but today we had a dog visiter.
Thanks Enzy!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that is why my blinds are never closed
They may not be useful, but at least they're in one piece

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh i feel your pain! tabitha has done exactly that to my blinds in the bedroom. i have to try and fold them back into shape.

going to invest in some nice vertical blinds next time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

oh i feel your pain! tabitha has done exactly that to my blinds in the bedroom. i have to try and fold them back into shape.

going to invest in some nice vertical blinds next time!
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! I can't even bend mine back anymore, Enzo broke them all off!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I've had lots of blinds turn out like that. Where I live now are vertical blinds. They attach to the top of the window and hand down loose.
When we have our own house I'm investing in a bunch of those blinds!!! We have them in the living room currently. They are perfect cat proof blinds!

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

LOL, looks like my old bedroom blinds!! Love your pic! Here is Bailey!!
Oh my goodness how cute!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Major guffaws here.

I'm truly grateful we don't have any of those.
We do have fabric verticals in the bedroom, which apart from having gathered a great deal of cat hair on the bottom foot or so, have survived 18+ years and no sign of quitting yet.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How did your cat get in my kitchen window?
We are slowly replacing all the blinds in our house with verticals, and they've been much more cat-durable.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Haha....do you think he thinks the dog can't see him behind there?

A couple of my blinds look like that. The others never get put down in an effort to save them (we're in a rental and the blinds stay here, so the fewer I have to replace, the better!). We had privacy BEFORE we had cats.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NinaCaliente

How did your cat get in my kitchen window?
We are slowly replacing all the blinds in our house with verticals, and they've been much more cat-durable.
When we have our own house we are definitely investing in a bunch of the verticals!

Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Major guffaws here.

I'm truly grateful we don't have any of those.
We do have fabric verticals in the bedroom, which apart from having gathered a great deal of cat hair on the bottom foot or so, have survived 18+ years and no sign of quitting yet.
18 years of cats! Now those are some good blinds! I was thinking my only option was to buy those windows with the blinds inside of the glass

Originally Posted by BabyWukong

I love her poofy tail!
I didn't even notice he made a door for his tail too!

Originally Posted by zoeysmom

Haha....do you think he thinks the dog can't see him behind there?

A couple of my blinds look like that. The others never get put down in an effort to save them (we're in a rental and the blinds stay here, so the fewer I have to replace, the better!). We had privacy BEFORE we had cats.
I'm pretty sure that's what he thought!

Enzo has only put "windows" in two of our blinds, so I'm just leaving them that way until we move. I don't want to keep replacing blinds until we move out of this rental

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are Bailey and Enzo related?

My blind story is not about Butzie as much as it is about my budgies. We have top-down, bottom-up shades on our 3 bedroom windows. Sandy and Whitey Ford sit on the tops that are down. Whitey thinks that the blind pull is his sweetie. He chirps and picks up the cord until he gets to the pull. You should see it. Then he makes love to the blind pull. He is very nice. He flies away and then comes back to feed his mate. Have to wash that pull often.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a picture of Enzo using the blinds the "right" way!!!!

tamarae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Such is the reason my blinds are all up about 4 inches from the bottom at all times. Love the pics!