Opinions on TCS practice, please!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As some of you may be able to tell, I'm having a hard time giving up my fosters! I still have them in my siggy, still have them in my cat pages, and still think of them and refer to them as "mine" (oops, see previous sentence
).

I only just found out about the "your cat" pages while I had the X-Pack (yay for KatKwery!), so of course I made pages for all 7 of the cats in my house at the time. Now, I know I need to clear out, if not my heart, then at least my siggy for my next ones! What I don't know about, is what to do with the cat pages! I love the kitties, and want to keep their pages. So here are my thoughts: Should I...

Delete the pages and move on?
Leave them as is and just add to them as I get more? (Is there a max number of pages?)
Make them memorials because even though they're not dead, they are gone from my life?

I tried to do a search to see if there is a policy on this, but I didn't find any (hey, Persi & Alley, there's another option for a KatKwiz / Kwery!!). I also looked to see if there was a way to archive the pages, and didn't see that, either.

So, what would you all do???

Thanks!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those babies needed you and you helped them. I think you should keep all the pages as a tribute.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I said to keep them, but make the pages memorials, they don't have to be on the rainbow bridge to remember them and have a page for them!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually an ISP company provides a limited amount of free web space to their customers.

Why not set up a nice web site for yourself with pictures of your foster kitties, past and present, with a bit about each one.

This way you have an album of sorts to look back on and "awww" at when you want to.

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Usually an ISP company provides a limited amount of free web space to their customers.

Why not set up a nice web site for yourself with pictures of your foster kitties, past and present, with a bit about each one.

This way you have an album of sorts to look back on and "awww" at when you want to.
Im a host , I would host your pages for free....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your input and for voting!!

I'm going away for the weekend, so I think I will not do anything with them at least until then... I'm a professional procrastinator when it comes to something I don't want to do in the first place!

So if anyone else wants to vote, please continue to do so!!

Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabys

Im a host , I would host your pages for free....
Sorry, I'm pretty computer-incompetent, and I'm not sure what that all means! However, my husband is a computer genius (what's he doing with me??
), so he would probably understand that.

Does it have something to do with a website? Because we do have a separate website of our own, I don't know any details behind it!! If we're allowed to put links on here, I would do it, if not and you're interested, I can send you a link over PM! Maybe then you can tell me if there's something you can do for it... Or if what you are offering is already done, then I at least sincerely appreciate your offer!

Sorry if I'm rambling, it's only 10:15 PM here, but I just finished an accounting final and had a long day at work and now am a zombie!

Thanks again to everyone!!

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I voted for "Leave them as is and just add to them as I get more". Because a memorial sounds too dramatic since they aren't at the rainbow bridge, but they are gone from your life and you can always look at them and remember the time you spent with them helping them, and know that they are in good, happy homes.

You should know I am not exactly sure what the cat pages and memorials are right now
I am guessing they are just pages dedicated to each kitty, but I will go find out!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think memorials should be for kitties who have passed. I'd either leave your foster pages where they are, archive them (if that's an option -- I don't know!), or make a Photobucket or Flickr page for them.

Or maybe TCS would create a Foster Forum!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you abbreviate them (maybe a favorite pic, say something special about each cat, and a date adopted?) and have a "fosters" page instead of an individual page for each cat (just a suggestion- I don't know if the pages work that way or not...)?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't read everybody else's suggestions, so somebody may already have said this. Why not ask the Mods if they can make another category for the many heros and heroines on this site who do foster and have to give up kitties. That way, you wouldn't have to make them a Memorial as if they had died, but could recognise that they have moved on from you and taken the next step in their lives.

I can understand why you would have a hard time giving them up in that way - you cherished them and showered them with love until they found their forever home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your input! I think, due to general consensus and my own inclinations, I will make them memorials for now.

BUT, as many of you suggested:

Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Why not ask the Mods if they can make another category for the many heros and heroines on this site who do foster and have to give up kitties. That way, you wouldn't have to make them a Memorial as if they had died, but could recognise that they have moved on from you and taken the next step in their lives.

I can understand why you would have a hard time giving them up in that way - you cherished them and showered them with love until they found their forever home
I did make a post in the Cat Pages thread just now asking if we can make a "foster" option like the memorials! So, if that happens, I will change them from memorials to foster.

Thanks again! Off to take the next step in letting my little ones go...