Ugh, baby fever

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's driving me insane! Every single one of my friends is pregnant or has a newborn and it's making me one want of my own. Someone talk me out of it?

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the next time you start wanting to have a baby, ask all of your friends how much sleep they get at night. Also, ask if you can borrow one of the babies for a day or two. Oh, and you might inquire as to how much money all of the furniture, supplies, and clothing costs. That should help

BTW: I know it probably sounds like I hate kids, but I don't. This is just stuff I use to talk myself out of having kids.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to Walmart, find a family with many kids, preferably with an infant and listen to them SCREAM the whole time.

Then go to a public park and listen to one of the little brats cursing out his mother.

Then 'borrow' a colicky baby over night and TADA you're cured.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Well, the next time you start wanting to have a baby, ask all of your friends how much sleep they get at night. Also, ask if you can borrow one of the babies for a day or two. Oh, and you might inquire as to how much money all of the furniture, supplies, and clothing costs. That should help

BTW: I know it probably sounds like I hate kids, but I don't. This is just stuff I use to talk myself out of having kids.
Well, let's see... I have a puppy so I get no sleep as it is, that doesn't bother me at all. Already have family and friends wanting to give me everything I'd need for the baby's first two or three years. And babysitting them just makes me want them even more.

Every so often I start to want a baby but the urge goes away after a little while. But for some reason I have it bad this time!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

Go to Walmart, find a family with many kids, preferably with an infant and listen to them SCREAM the whole time.

Then go to a public park and listen to one of the little brats cursing out his mother.

Then 'borrow' a colicky baby over night and TADA you're cured.
We were at the dollar store or something like that one day recently and there was a mom alone with three little kids. One was a newborn and the others were toddlers. The toddlers were running around the store grabbing things and the baby was screaming at the top of it's lungs. All I could think was "oh, what sweet little kids". Yep, I'm gonna be hard to cure this time.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one child (that was enough for me) - I inherited 3 more from hubby. But here's some things to think about

1. Throwing up for 9 months of pregnancy

2. Labor pains unlike you've never felt before (tho I was lucky and had my son in 2 1/2 hrs - most will endure far more hours of pain).

3. Changing smelly baby diapers - the poopy kind

4. Crying babies thru the night

5. Kids are with you 24/7, 365 days a year for at least the next 18 yrs

There are lots of good reasons, but you have your hands full of kitties, puppies, and horses.....lol

But more important - is hubby ready? If you are both not ready for all this, then don't get pregnant now

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

We were at the dollar store or something like that one day recently and there was a mom alone with three little kids. One was a newborn and the others were toddlers. The toddlers were running around the store grabbing things and the baby was screaming at the top of it's lungs. All I could think was "oh, what sweet little kids". Yep, I'm gonna be hard to cure this time.
Er.... Electroshock therapy?

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I can't help you at all 'cause I'm in the same boat! Everybody I know has kids...I feel so out of place sometimes! I'm ready to start trying, but hubby's not. So there's the thing that keeps me from having any kids. But if your hubby is ready, and you are too, then I can't see any reason not to try! There now, that was helpful, right?

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am the complete opposite. I am in the same situation except Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m thankful I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have kids! Although every time my boyfriend and I see a kid (which is a lot since it seemed everyone in my area was getting lucky about 9 months ago lol) I see his eyes get dreamy but all I can think about is getting a new puppy lol.

Its hard at my age (30) people always asking when Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m going to have kids, why I havenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t had them yet, assuming that I want kids at this point in my life. Pfttt! I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want kids right now. One day I would love to bear my boyfriends children but the thought of having a kid now makes me feel ill, I actually check my birth control a few times a day to make sure I took it, yah…Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m sure I have mild OCD. Seeing other peoples kids just enforce me to not want one. Ill take more kitten and puppies though!

Donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get me wrong lol I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t hate kids… I really, really like kids…. Especially when I can give them back to people lol.

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Watch Nanny 911 or one of those shows... they make me never want kids. lol

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

It's driving me insane! Every single one of my friends is pregnant or has a newborn and it's making me one want of my own. Someone talk me out of it?
Screaming and crying all night
Middle of then night feedings
Endless worry about their health
Poopy diapers!!!
"Terrible Two" stage
Babysitting/Day care expenses
Loss of spontaneous freedom
Dating
Drugs
And not to mention $100,000 in college education per child!

I could go on

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If things were easier (not moving ect) then we would be trying now.

But since the cats cost us 2,000 EUR alone for the flights and in total with all vet fees and quarantine this is over 5,000 EUR. So they are costing us wayyy much more than us or any child per say!

Since we are having a big wedding next year, i think we will start trying after the event is over.. so early 2010

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that I am MORE than ready to have kids.....

BUT Travis and I are only in our early twenties and are trying to get financially ready to have children. I want children now more than anything but I know I am not ready to afford them. And sometimes I'm still too immature to raise another human

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree it must be the year of the baby or something like that..Right now at work I have 3 off on maternity leave, and 4 more who are in various stages of pregnacy....

And no it doesn't make me want to have a baby, I am not exactly kid friendly

My favorite response to do you want to see the baby pictures is
"Not unless it has four legs and fur..."

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just ask myself if you and DH are ready. Then there might not be anything to talk you out of. I kinda got the feeling that the things being said didn't phase you that much.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, as for John, his reaction to it is pretty much "well, let's get started then"
. None of the "bad" stuff really scares me, I basically raised my sister and niece so I know what I'm getting into.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you are both ready and willing my only question is "do you have room for a baby"?

Unlike cats babies, when they are little, require lots of stuff that takes up space. Then they grow up and need more space.

This could be part of your plan. Work on finding/building a little house for your growing family. Let nature take it's course and hopefully by the time you have your place you will also have the baby. Or at least be expecting it.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You said "talk me out of it".
Well, I could be wrong & not following your posts but don't you live with your in-laws in a small space, don't get along with bro-in law, have over ten animals
that depend on you for their care, mostly try to stay in your room, cannot store good food in the fridge so you eat a lot of food that is not good for you and cheap and easy to store in your room ( I remember several posts about this and I was very concerned for your health!!! This is a serious issue, eating live foods is critical for your health and your diet can directly impact so many areas of your life and health). I would think waiting until you have a place of your own with less stress to you on a daily basis, when you can eat a wholesome healthy diet for a long period of time, stuff like that, then start thinking about baby. First think about you and focus on you and your body
I have felt "ready" for many years now. But I am putting my future child before my wants and needs already by waiting until a better time in our (me and husband's) life that would be more suitable for a baby. I want to give baby the best I can and the best of me.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

You said "talk me out of it".
Well, I could be wrong & not following your posts but don't you live with your in-laws in a small space, don't get along with bro-in law, have over ten animals
that depend on you for their care, mostly try to stay in your room, cannot store good food in the fridge so you eat a lot of food that is not good for you and cheap and easy to store in your room ( I remember several posts about this and I was very concerned for your health!!! This is a serious issue, eating live foods is critical for your health and your diet can directly impact so many areas of your life and health). I would think waiting until you have a place of your own with less stress to you on a daily basis, when you can eat a wholesome healthy diet for a long period of time, stuff like that, then start thinking about baby. First think about you and focus on you and your body
I have felt "ready" for many years now. But I am putting my future child before my wants and needs already by waiting until a better time in our (me and husband's) life that would be more suitable for a baby. I want to give baby the best I can and the best of me.
You are right that I have posted all of that.
BUT, we've found an awesome house.. 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, basement, big back yard, garage, etc.. just waiting on the loan stuff to go through. So we should be in our own house well before the end of the year. The food situation has gotten much better now that John's brother is never home. As for the animals, we can set up the new house with a separate area for the cats if necessary. So yeah, I suppose we don't have a whole lot working against us anymore.