Kittens in the bed with me?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eden had her babies last night.

All night long, she kept bringing them into the bed with me.
I kept telling her "I know you're proud honey, but mama has to be up for work in the morning & you're killing her".
The thing is, she'd bring them to me, nurse on the bed for awhile, then move them back where she wanted them under the dresser.

Why? What can I do to stop this?

I was terrified I'd roll over on one & squish it or something. She isn't buying into the kennel thing, she picks up a kitten & crawls up the cage trying to get out. She has them under the dresser as that's where she wants them.

Here's a picture, halfway through a blanket change (I had one down, was adding the more "nesty" type ones).

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, how precious!!
Maybe you could try putting them in a box beside your bed? Bless her heart....she just wanted you to watch to make sure she was doing it right!

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry if i just missed this, but how many are there? And they are adorable!!!!

Manda

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So cute!

My oldest son was a premie, whose cries could barely be heard. So we took a rectangular laundry basket, with a large flat sheet (folded in half) covering the inside bottom of the laundry basket, up the inside walls of the basket, down the outisde walls of the basket and tucked under the basket. The sheet prevents body parts from getting stuck in the holes in the basket. We put a pillow in the bottom of the basket, then our son. We could feel him move, even if we couldn't hear him. What about trying something similar at night?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are 4 kittens total.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG look at those adorable little darlings!!!!
I am so glad they are doing okay, and that Eden is being a good Mommy. I have no advice to give you, but I hope she lets you get some sleep tonight!

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have NO advice at all as I didn't sleep at all from the time Dozer was about 3-4 days old (when Angel decided that I was the night time babysitter) until he was about 3-4 weeks old when I knew he would move if i rolled.... actually after about a week I got to the point that before I rolled I would feel around me, yes even in my sleep...... I would put him back in his nest every time and she would keep him there ALL day long but about 20 min after I got in bed she brought him up to me and would snuggle him into me and go lay down near my feet herself! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

GL and hope she stops doing it. they are too cute!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is such a special little girl. She wants to show you her hard work.

Are the babies healthy?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

So cute!

My oldest son was a premie, whose cries could barely be heard. So we took a rectangular laundry basket, with a large flat sheet (folded in half) covering the inside bottom of the laundry basket, up the inside walls of the basket, down the outisde walls of the basket and tucked under the basket. The sheet prevents body parts from getting stuck in the holes in the basket. We put a pillow in the bottom of the basket, then our son. We could feel him move, even if we couldn't hear him. What about trying something similar at night?
that sounds doable, assuming you don't sleep in a twin bed...
babies are real cuties! are the 2 light ones siamesey or white? or do you know, yet?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

that sounds doable, assuming you don't sleep in a twin bed...
babies are real cuties! are the 2 light ones siamesey or white? or do you know, yet?
Gaye & I think the two "white" ones will be pointed, possibly flame points? Time will tell. Ask me in 6 weeks.

I'd be OK with them staying solid white.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How are Mommy and babies doing today?
I am told that it is highly probably that Adam is their dad. I was telling Daddy about his new babies the other night when we were cuddling in bed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

...Why? What can I do to stop this?
Try sleeping in the kennel yourself?
Short of that I think the basket idea sounds good. I hope she finds another spot for nursing them soon!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please crate her Natalie or put her in a small bathroom where she only has enough room to use the litter and nurse her babies. The more she moves them around the more you risk them getting chilled.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't crate her. She goes ballistic. She will harm herself or the kittens. I can't put her in the bathroom, WAY too much traffic & she's a door darter.

Her balance has gotten goofy again, so I am trying to get ahold of the vet to figure out what to do there...

I gave her a kitten showing place on my bed, which has helped some.....but she's so darn proud of herself!

And judging from the looks, I'm assuming Adam is the daddy, too.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she is okay.
I am able to put Lucia and her brood in the bathroom but it is my private bathroom that only I ever use. It is quiet. A high traffic bathroom would only stress her out. Besides I think she needs some special attention and love anyway.

I look forward to new photos of the Eden and the babies as they grow.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No advice here, but I just wanted to say they're beautiful and I can't wait to watch them grow