*****KatKwiz! - July 30 - basics*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is an older picture of Persi. Although I at times use the managed attachment method of posting a picture (for illustration purposes), the _________________ method is the TCS preferred method. To post your picture using the latter method, be sure that you have the ______________ for the photo, not just the page where the photo is located. To find this, right mouse click on __________ and choose __________ then copy the web address found in the ________________.

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is an older picture of Persi. Although I at times use the managed attachment method of posting a picture (for illustration purposes), the Insert Image method is the TCS preferred method. To post your picture using the latter method, be sure that you have the URL for the photo, not just the page where the photo is located. To find this, right mouse click on the image and choose Copy Image Location then copy the web address found in the clipboard to the box that appears after you click on Insert Image.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rianna

Here is an older picture of Persi. Although I at times use the managed attachment method of posting a picture (for illustration purposes), the Insert Image method is the TCS preferred method. To post your picture using the latter method, be sure that you have the URL for the photo, not just the page where the photo is located. To find this, right mouse click on the image and choose Copy Image Location then copy the web address found in the clipboard to the box that appears after you click on Insert Image.
Please provide the link to where you got your answer. The link I have is a word by word fill in the blank exactly but there very well may be conflicting information.

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is an older picture of Persi. Although I at times use the managed attachment method of posting a picture (for illustration purposes), the Remote Link method is the TCS preferred method. To post your picture using remote linking, be sure that you have the web address for the photo, not just the page where the photo is located. To find this, right mouse click on the picture and choose “Properties” then copy the web address found in the Properties box.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by *Pepper*

Here is an older picture of Persi. Although I at times use the managed attachment method of posting a picture (for illustration purposes), the Remote Link method is the TCS preferred method. To post your picture using remote linking, be sure that you have the web address for the photo, not just the page where the photo is located. To find this, right mouse click on the picture and choose “Properties†then copy the web address found in the Properties box.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14474
I had noticed several of our Newbies ask about this recently and this is a great link that deserves to be read for all of its informative techniques on posting photos.

The other method talked about is the Managed Attachment, which does allow you to use photos right off of your camera or your computer rather than having to be on a web page.

CONGRATULATIONS, PEPPER!