Aauuuugh.....can you guys save me from myself????

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, here's the deal, due to a lot of things in my life at the moment, I'm under a heck of a lot of emotional/mental stress. As a rule, when I'm stressed, I eat....which is bad for me in so many ways its not even funny, especially since I'm a diabetic. Soooo...the past week or so, I've started doing something very strange, for me, anyway......cleaning and rearranging my house! Mind you, I'd rather take a beating than clean, as a rule, there are just so many other things I'd rather be doing than cleaning, but of late, its satisfying.......HELP !!!!!

(I think what worries me is that its a sign that I'm getting older and more mature, lmao!!!!!
)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if you run out of things at your place, you are welcome to come to mine!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love cleaning
I love it when i've done the final task which is washing the laminate flooring, then i can sit back and relax

Ricki Lakes on t.v. and it's all about lazy daughter in laws and their homes are a nightmare!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I love cleaning
I love it when i've done the final task which is washing the laminate flooring, then i can sit back and relax

Ricki Lakes on t.v. and it's all about lazy daughter in laws and their homes are a nightmare!
Oh God, if my MIL was alive, she would say I qualified.....but then, she was like me, would much rather sew, quilt, read, ANYTHING but clean.

Speaking of said late MIL, I just moved her sewing machine and cabinet across the room, and somehow pulled a muscle...in my neck, lol!
If she and I hadn't gotten along so well, I'd say she was still being a pain in my neck, lol, but I couldn't even say that when she was alive!

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like to exercise, even if just until I start to break a sweat, because it releases those endorphins and melts the stress away. Seriously!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How good are you on shampooing carpets? Mine need it bad!! Also I have about 600 square ft of boards that need priming and then painting......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

How good are you on shampooing carpets? Mine need it bad!! Also I have about 600 square ft of boards that need priming and then painting......
Actually, I like shampooing carpets...but oh God it does my lower back and shoulders in.....if I ever get through rearranging the living room, the center of it needs shampooing now....I've been shampooing the rest as I move....clean, let dry, move..clean, let dry, move....repeat, repeat, repeat, lol!

Don't mind painting either, truthfully, its just cleaning in general that I hate, lol! Which reminds me of another project, when we get the money and time to replace a couple of peices of sheetrock in our bedroom, and replace the carpet (am hoping to eventually rid the whole house of carpet), I have some nice wallpaper to put up that I can actually paint whatever color I want!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind shampooing as they really look clean when I'm done its that its hard to do in the heat of the summer!!

We started a big remodel project in family room that well I think we have all the material-its just starting and I have to prime all the boards before installation (we are attempting a beadboard/wainscoating ceiling with crown molding and other stuff).

I would love not having carpeting in that room-the current stuff will go-but we will see!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Well, if you run out of things at your place, you are welcome to come to mine!
Ditto! I was looking at my linen/junk closet! And my bedroom closet and my front closet and my cutlery drawer which has turned into an all purpose drawer at some point. So there is lots to clean and organize here