His blood calcium spiked about a month after I began treating him with lactulose. I asked the vet but he denied any association. Unfortunately, Jordan's calcium remains border line high (I believe 11.2 in June) despite no lactulose & being treated with 5mg of pred every day. It spikes up to over 12 if I try to drop his pred dose. The only test left is exploritory surgeory, and I refuse to put him through surgeory just to recieve a terminal diagnosis. It's been a long year and I have thought many times about the surgery, but reman sure about my decision. He has had 2 differnt ultra sounds that have shown nothing. He's had blood taken countless times, and he is no fun at the vets office. The vet techs in that office must all be angels because he is not a nice boy when he is there. He has developed quite a reputation, he has only seen 2 of the vets, but all of them know him. Frankly I never liked giving him lactulose, it always made him gassy & uncomfortable. The only blood value that is off after over a year is his blood calcium. He is eating like a champ (well at least the foods he's fond of), playing with the other cats occasionally and cuddling with me every night. So for now I'm focusing on quality of time left. I know some people feel I am giving up, but if I felt like something would help him I would do it no matter what the cost. I guess I have come to a peace about making him happy and comfortable.