Lily's kitties are 4 weeks!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, we have made it to the 4 week mark today and have grown up in many ways. The other night I made up a litter box for them, took it into their room and voila! the first, then second. No one has pooed yet, but pee, but I'll take it! You could tell they needed something because they had that urgency cry and it worked so easily, I am so proud.

Of course as I was taking pictures, my batteries died AGAIN, so I only got one picture of 3 kittens and Mom. It's not a great pic at all, but just wanted to share at least one photo.

They are doing so good, I'm so happy with them and for them. They have the perfect mother to tend to them. Their personalities are shining bright and they are so much fun to be around.

I will post more pics tonight after I find batteries. It's so joyful to share in the lives of kitties. I know I lived vicariously through all of the owners of kittens prior to Lily's delivery.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at how beautiful they are. This is my favorite age, starting to explore. Lily looks wonderful.

I haven't had kittens in the house for a long time, so I too enjoy coming to the kitten forum to get my "fix".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, the fun has started! You can't go into the room alone, as you get attacked by all 8 of them wanting attention LOL. They are so fun and you watch them learning how to play, wrestle, run etc. Then you get the sucks who do nothing but crawl into your legs as you sit cross legged and fall asleep there. I just had 3 in a pile there...they are so cute.

I haven't found batteries yet but I will soon. Hold on tight as more pics are coming

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

Oh yes, the fun has started! You can't go into the room alone, as you get attacked by all 8 of them wanting attention LOL. They are so fun and you watch them learning how to play, wrestle, run etc. Then you get the sucks who do nothing but crawl into your legs as you sit cross legged and fall asleep there. I just had 3 in a pile there...they are so cute.

I haven't found batteries yet but I will soon. Hold on tight as more pics are coming
I will be checking in for them.
Mine are 3 weeks now and so adorable it is hard not to want to hug them 24 hours a day.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No pictures yet darnit! I forgot about getting batteries, but thought I should update a bit anyways. I will get batteries tomorrow.

Ok for the update..they are doing so good with the litter box, pooping too! I was so proud today when I saw one siamese go. Brutus did pee in the corner though today, but I am ok with it being that they are only just in the 4 week mark and it's no big deal.

They are eating soft kitten food like crazy and kitten milk is going fast. The vet hasn't got any more left, it's all backordered. So, I need to use the powdered stuff I bought pre-delivery.

Weight wise, they are only about 20grams lighter than the normal weight, but since I am feeding them the kitten food, I am hoping they will catch up. They have been gaining daily and progressing normally so I'm not concerned.

They have now learned how to get on my bed. It's cute they are doing that because I love cats who sleep with me...the best companionship

I am wondering if anyone wants to chime in on when I should start supplementing them with water as well? They know how to lap up the milk off of a saucer, not sure about a bowl.

Any comments greatly welcomed

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used a very shallow plate at first, water was tons of fun plus they loved it. All are water hounds. My 4 love to play in the bathtub and in my kitchen sink. I trickle water for them and it's all in and good for a game of splash tag. People can't belive how my cats love water.
K.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

They are eating soft kitten food like crazy and kitten milk is going fast. The vet hasn't got any more left, it's all backordered. So, I need to use the powdered stuff I bought pre-delivery.

Any comments greatly welcomed
most pet stores have kitten milk... have you checked?

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love kitties sleeping with me too. They sleep with me more in the cooler months. I got a new bed and they aren't quite sure if they like it yet.

Do you find Lily ever eating their food?

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CC, she gets her own feedings in the kitchen, but she will try to sneak some of theirs. Since the feedings are supervised always, I try to make sure she's not around until they have almost finished, then she comes in and she finishes up, but then the kitties come over to have some more.

Laureen, the pet stores only carry the powder, and I have Nutrience Kitten Milk Replacer powder. Lily did not like it when I tried her on it, but I am going to see if the kittens will drink it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Laureen, the pet stores only carry the powder, and I have Nutrience Kitten Milk Replacer powder. Lily did not like it when I tried her on it, but I am going to see if the kittens will drink it.
odd... both Petco & Petsmart have the liquid here.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm in Canada and we're not so fortunate with most of the things you guys get there. We do have a Petsmart but that's where I buy their food etc, but no liquid kitten milk. I think they'll be just fine, I mean my other kittens were fine...I'm just trying to do the best for them with the things we CAN get here.

We were just up there playing with them after I fed them, and wow, can they eat!! They are now playing with small toy mice and it's so cute. I need pics I know..hubby put them in the charger to charge so tomorrow I promise LOL

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I'm in Canada and we're not so fortunate with most of the things you guys get there. We do have a Petsmart but that's where I buy their food etc, but no liquid kitten milk. I think they'll be just fine, I mean my other kittens were fine...I'm just trying to do the best for them with the things we CAN get here.

We were just up there playing with them after I fed them, and wow, can they eat!! They are now playing with small toy mice and it's so cute. I need pics I know..hubby put them in the charger to charge so tomorrow I promise LOL
Holding you to it.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, I know I"ve been so bad in getting these pics put out...thing was that I didn't have regular batteries, didin't know I had rechargeables in the camera, then needed to know where to plug them in, charge them and take pics LOL. It's been a rough week here with my son going to rehab and all, I've been run ragged all week.

Anyways here's pics from this afternoon..

MINI B AND BIG AL

BROWN PHYLLIS

WHITE PHYLLIS

BRUTUS

MRS. MOOSTACHE

Some of the kittens weren't into pictures today, so they'll be in the next post when they are 5 weeks. We love them to pieces and we have homes now I think for 6 out of 8, so I think we're doing ok

They are now sleeping in the bed with me (no bedframe under the spare bed YET) and I love every minute of it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
all right... they're REALLY cute, & you pulled the 'my son's in rehab' card, so i'll forgive you - this time!

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the nice comments...they are too precious. The pictures aren't doing them any justice really because it's their individual personalities that make them just the cutest dumplings around.

Laureen, my week was bad....17yr old didn't want to move with us (a month ago now), came for about 4 days then moved out. He moved out for 3 weeks and then I had to go get him from the drunk tank at the police station last Sunday. Then, Wednesday he decides he is going to phone me and beg for me to take him to the rehab centre (where he's been before). I moved his stuff out of the shoddy place he was staying in (the people are very questionable as well) and took him home here to nap and shower and then off to rehab. Now he's there for a month so we have no idea what is going to happen regarding living arrangements for him. So that's my pity potty story but like I said, I've been run ragged all week. We're still trying to move in here LOL, takes a while to find places for our stuff, but the house is twice the size of our last one so that's a good starting point

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry about your son. The bright side of this is that he asked to get help himself. I hope he gets well and returns sober. He is young and he can put this behind him and go on and lead a productive life.

I understand your time lapse with the photos. You are forgiven.

They are precious and lovely. They were worth the wait.
I love my cuddlekins too.