Cat's eye running with dark colored discharge

wildbill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

over the last few days I've noticed my cats right eye has been running with a crusty dark coloured discharge. As 1st it was just alittle but now it's getting me worried. Does anyone know what it could be? There seems to be several different things that can cause runny eyes but I have'nt found had any luck finding info about a dark discharge.
He's a 6 year old indoor cat, that lives with another indoor cat and 2 dogs.

Thanks

Bill

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WildBill

Hi there,

over the last few days I've noticed my cats right eye has been running with a crusty dark coloured discharge. As 1st it was just alittle but now it's getting me worried. Does anyone know what it could be? There seems to be several different things that can cause runny eyes but I have'nt found had any luck finding info about a dark discharge.
He's a 6 year old indoor cat, that lives with another indoor cat and 2 dogs.

Thanks

Bill
Hi Bill and welcome. Without actually being able to see your cat in person we could only guess - even then, we don't have any qualified vets here. It could be any number of things, URI, Herpes, scratch, heaven only knows.

The only thing you can do is take your cat to the vet so they can diagnose and treat the problem. Otherwise you are risking your cat's eyesight for something that probably can quickly and easily be fixed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wildbill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the quick responses, I've already made an apointment with out vet but it'd not until Firday. I was just trying to find out some info on my own before then.

Thanks

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Doing your research is always a good thing! Your cat is lucky to have such a caring Daddy. Sorry I canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t help you though. I know my boy has discharge but only when he has his URI flare ups. Good luck to you and your kitty!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WildBill

Thanks for the quick responses, I've already made an apointment with out vet but it'd not until Firday. I was just trying to find out some info on my own before then.

Thanks
I hate waiting for appointments but what can you do!

Just try to keep it clean by moistening a soft cloth and cleaning his eyes every day until you can see the vet.

Oh, and on this site we usually recommend giving extra lovin to the kitty.