Just received some news from a friend.

u8myufo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My ex-wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started and she got her license shortly before our divorce was final, later that same year.

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call, that she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was piloting. Seems she was forced to make an emergency landing in West Malling because of bad weather. Thank God the kids weren't with her.

The FAA issued a preliminary report, citing pilot error: She was flying a single engine aircraft in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating) rating.

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the ground was injured.

The photograph below was taken at the scene to show the extent of damage to her aircraft.

She was really lucky.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

My ex-wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started and she got her license shortly before our divorce was final, later that same year.

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call, that she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was piloting. Seems she was forced to make an emergency landing in West Malling because of bad weather. Thank God the kids weren't with her.

The FAA issued a preliminary report, citing pilot error: She was flying a single engine aircraft in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating) rating.

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the ground was injured.

The photograph below was taken at the scene to show the extent of damage to her aircraft.

She was really lucky.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by u8myufo

She was really lucky.
Oh my goodness, that was funny.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
lol it took me a minute but I finally got it. lol thank you it is always nice to have a laugh once in awhile.

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was good and I feel like an idiot because that took me like 5 minutes to figure out...I'm a little slow today.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!!

I really, really wish my mom was alive so I could send that to her. She would SOOOOO appreciate that. (Don't know where I got that crazy sense of humor)

I'm SO glad I opened this thread, you gave me some sunshine today!