Question of the Day - July 29th!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have any food allergies?

As I child I was allergic to yellow dyes. I grew out of it for the most part, but I still have a reaction every now and then. I used to get hives, but I just get extremely hyper from it now.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. Not that I know of anyways. I'm a really picky eater..

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a child I was allergic to all animal protien, and oranges.
No longer, with a few exceptions:
I can eat eggs, but only 2 maybe once a week, and oranges, the number I can eat has too many deciding factors, so I don't eat them.

And the totally weird one: I have a contact allergy to the oils in citrus peels.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shrimp
I love shrimp and devloped an allergy a few years back.

How do you grow out of an allergy?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't!!!! I'm so happy too!

My mom is allergice to lettus and my SO is allergic to nuts, he needs an eppy pen!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just figured out a few months ago that I'm now lactose intolerant. An allergy developing at my age!! I would have my cereal with milk in the morning, and then my stomach would feel lousy most of the day.

I thought I'd try soy milk instead, and avoid milk, and ....go figure..... the stomach problem went away!

I like soy milk, though, so it's no problem.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

How do you grow out of an allergy?
My doctor told me when I was younger that a yellow dye allergy is typically a childhood allergy and most people tend to just grow out of it as they get older. I just kept trying it about once a year or so. One time, I didn't have a reaction and I've been able to eat it ever since with no hives. No idea how it works really, but I'm glad it does!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

My doctor told me when I was younger that a yellow dye allergy is typically a childhood allergy and most people tend to just grow out of it as they get older. I just kept trying it about once a year or so. One time, I didn't have a reaction and I've been able to eat it ever since with no hives. No idea how it works really, but I'm glad it does!
I wish I would grow out of my shrimp allergy. That would be a day to celebrate!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

Nope. Not that I know of anyways. I'm a really picky eater..
Ha hah, yeah, I'm pretty picky, too! So I may have some out there I don't know of.

Though I'm not entirely sure, I may have an allergy. I can't eat yogurt or mochi because they make my stomach kind of upset. No hives or itching or anything, just a kind of cramped up stomach for a while. Is that an allergy??

It's ironic, too, because everyone says I should try that "active" yogurt to help my stomach (it's sensitive, anyway), but the yogurt would just make me sick! And what kind of good Japanese girl can't eat mochi?? That's weird too, because it's basically just smashed rice. I can eat rice by the ton! Why can't I eat it smashed??

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am allergic to flax, I also have a mild allergy to chocolate , as long as I don't eat too much I'm fine. Hot chocolate causes the biggest problem, I makes throw up. My oldest daughter had the allergy to yellow food dye. She outgrew it around age 12.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grapefruit. I am not actually allergic to it but I might as well be since I can't have it with my medicine.