Aaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate my computer! I don't like my computer! I dislike my computer intensely! I can't stand my computer! I hate my computer! I loathe my computer!!!!!!
BTW, did I mention I can't stand my computer???????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You got about forty-eight hours for me to list all the reasons?
. First, it's over sixteen years old., another reason, it keeps telling me I can't get on line because there's no such ting as FIREFOX, I have to keep unplugging and plugging the computer in to get it to work right, for five days last week I couldn't get on THECATSITE because my puter kept telling me it was a bad request. too many other things to type at the moment, and I don't have the money to keep fixing the damn thing!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much money do you have - to spare for a computer, in say the next few months? If you shop around wisely you could probably find a pc and everything else for $500.

Otherwise, I think your's is just slowly wearing out. That there's probably something wrong with the power supply is obvious. Back up anything you don't want to lose!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate my computer too. I would offer to sell it to you, but you would probably hate it as much as I do.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh, I know how you feel.. my first computer was such a pain. It was slow and annoying.. I hated it. Then I got a newer one a while later, but now it's a bit slow. I don't use it much though, because I have a new one. I kind of feel bad for saying it in here, but I absolutely love the computer I have now (MacBook).

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

How much money do you have - to spare for a computer, in say the next few months? If you shop around wisely you could probably find a pc and everything else for $500.

Otherwise, I think your's is just slowly wearing out. That there's probably something wrong with the power supply is obvious. Back up anything you don't want to lose!
Unfortunatly, I don't have much money of my own. What money I do get every month goes toward bills with just a little bit left for me. Anyhoo, I've been begging for a computer every Christmas and Birthday for the past few years and have been royally ignored!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your computer is from 1992? No offense meant, but it should be in a museum!! I'm amazed you can get online.

Do you know anyone who is really computer saavy? You could buy it in parts (one at a time) and have them put it together. I built a machine 5 years ago that runs faster than the one I have at work, for only $700.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my brother is pretty computer savvy (he'd better be, he works for a computer company)!, but he lives several states away from me.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

Well, my brother is pretty computer savvy (he'd better be, he works for a computer company)!, but he lives several states away from me.
See if he can put a cheap one together for you and send it. He may be able to use a few cast off parts (case, power supply, rom drives) and get decent deals on everything else. Tell him he can consider it a Christmas gift to you.
Make sure to let him, and others, know that your pc is dying.

And I agree, it's amazing it's lasted so long! I thought the 11 year old one I still have around (dinky cheap celeron) was pushing it since it still runs perfectly and reasonably fast.

I recently had to replace a motherboard, processor, and ram - I went with a kit (I felt lazy) and only paid $152 including shipping. Everything else I had, so in other words I put a pc together for only $152.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by h~chan

Ahhh, I know how you feel.. my first computer was such a pain. It was slow and annoying.. I hated it. Then I got a newer one a while later, but now it's a bit slow. I don't use it much though, because I have a new one. I kind of feel bad for saying it in here, but I absolutely love the computer I have now (MacBook).

macbook here, too - all of my personal computers have been macs of one era or another.
this was my first one!