New pictures of Adam - all cleaned up and feeling better!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Got some new photos of my skinny little boy today. He is perking up, so I think some good eatin' is doing him good.

Investigating the fan

Loves his scritches

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!! DH says Adam can STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
He conditioned that by saying "only if he's healthy", so I will be anxious to see what the vet says on Friday.

Here is the kicker: DH said he will let me keep Adam, but only if we can start looking for a Sphynx for him! I pointed out that a Sphynx is still a cat, and he claims to dislike cats. He said he only dislikes their hairiness
, and he wants something without hair to cuddle with. I then pointed out that we really cannot afford to spend the $$$$ it would cost to buy a Sphynx kitten, and he agreed, but said we should look for rescues or a cat that someone needs to rehome. He cracks me up!!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh look at that sweet baby, he reminds me of my Ducky when Ducky was young. How old is he? He looks like his mane hasnt grown in yet.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh look at that sweet baby, he reminds me of my Ducky when Ducky was young. How old is he? He looks like his mane hasnt grown in yet.
He is estimated to be about 2 years old. His coat is partially clipped, and partially grown out in places. I'm not really sure what it will look like when it all grows back in!

carley

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is so beautiful and that is fantastic news that you'll get to keep him!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it sad that I just commented to sharky I hope ADam's the daddy to Eden's babies?

Tell DH if Eden has a hairless kitten, you can have it!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew it!!!
Oh he is handsome!
I had a feeling.

Those DHs always collapse like a cheap suit in the face of adorable kitty faces.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sooo glad you're gonna keep this handsome boy! Of course the vet's gonna give him a clean bill of health.. what are you worrying about?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Adam is really looking good!!
That's awesome that DH is letting you adopt him

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Look at the eyes on him! What a gorgeous dude.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NinaCaliente

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!! DH says Adam can STAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
He conditioned that by saying "only if he's healthy", so I will be anxious to see what the vet says on Friday.

Here is the kicker: DH said he will let me keep Adam, but only if we can start looking for a Sphynx for him! I pointed out that a Sphynx is still a cat, and he claims to dislike cats. He said he only dislikes their hairiness
, and he wants something without hair to cuddle with. I then pointed out that we really cannot afford to spend the $$$$ it would cost to buy a Sphynx kitten, and he agreed, but said we should look for rescues or a cat that someone needs to rehome. He cracks me up!!!
Congrats!!!

Btw, a little tidbit...my dad refers to Sphynx cats as "fleshies."

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Is it sad that I just commented to sharky I hope ADam's the daddy to Eden's babies?
I hope so too.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His coat is very similar to my Fluffy's. She has the sleek body and the ruff around the neck. He is to be going to one handsome kitty. He is pretty now, and the TLC from you, he will be fabulous. Please keep posting pics, we would love to see his progress.
Is he a big boy? Fluffy is very petite.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

His coat is very similar to my Fluffy's. She has the sleek body and the ruff around the neck. He is to be going to one handsome kitty. He is pretty now, and the TLC from you, he will be fabulous. Please keep posting pics, we would love to see his progress.
Is he a big boy? Fluffy is very petite.
Frame-wise, I think he's at least average sized, if not a bit large. He's still so thin though that it's hard for me to tell! He's been here almost a week, and I think he's gained a lot already. I took him to my vet's office yesterday just to put him on the scale - he weighs 9.6 lbs, but he's still very skinny. It will be interesting to see how big he turns out to be when he gains all the weight he needs!