We've Set A Goal!!!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And we're determined to meet it!

We both sat down and decided that with the company we're working for we aren't going to make it to where in life we want to be.
We make "OK" money but there isn't much left for us to play with.
Since we're both having problems with the job, we decided that once I get daycare (this week
) I'm going to find another better paying job that's full time.
Then he is going to find another also after my paychecks start coming in. That way we don't end up financially strapped.

Then we're getting his truck fixed (it's been broken down for 3 months
)
And we're going to start saving to move.

Where we live is probably the cheapest place in town to live. All the utilites including cable TV are included but, it's WHERE we live that's horrid!

Yes, it's a trailor park and along with it comes all the drama!

I literally can't walk into my house without someone stopping me asking me for cigarettes, money, soda, or a ride somewhere. And if I tell them no they get upset!
And lets not talk about the kids there!

These little hellions will destroy anything and everything they touch!

There's alot more to it then that but I don't think you guys want to hear all the details to it

Soooooooooo We have set the goal that withen the next 3 months we will have better jobs, his truck fixed and move!

I really hope it happens too!!!!!!!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not all trailer parks are so bad. There's one near where I live (a little further outside of town). It has a pool, nearby pond for fishing, everything is kept up and looks great, a place for the children to play, trees and landscaping, ... huge speed bumps to make sure people do slow down to drive through there, and I believe there's even security.

I hope you can find a nice place that suits you and your needs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Not all trailer parks are so bad. There's one near where I live (a little further outside of town). It has a pool, nearby pond for fishing, everything is kept up and looks great, a place for the children to play, trees and landscaping, ... huge speed bumps to make sure people do slow down to drive through there, and I believe there's even security.

I hope you can find a nice place that suits you and your needs.
Oh I know not all are that bad. I lived in a really nice one about 8 years go.

But the thing about this one is no one owns the trailers here... They're ALL weekly rentals. Anywhere from $275 - $350 per week!

And there is no credit check, no deposit, and they'll let anyone who isn't a sexual predator move in
Which is one reason I stepped down from managing it.

The current manager is the park dealer!!!!!!! Everyone goes to them for thier "fix"
It's a sad situation

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

That sounds like a good game plan Alycia!
Good luck!!!!
Thanks Nikki!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

But the thing about this one is no one owns the trailers here... They're ALL weekly rentals. Anywhere from $275 - $350 per week!
Wait... you're paying around or over $1000 a month?! That's bad for something you will never own. Is your credit so bad that you can't get a home?
I'm not sure about how it is where you are, but here some places don't do credit checks or will let you buy with fair credit... as long as you have some land or can get somewhere to put a mobile home - this included double wides.

There's also HUD and FHA to check into.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Wait... you're paying around or over $1000 a month?! That's bad for something you will never own. Is your credit so bad that you can't get a home?
I'm not sure about how it is where you are, but here some places don't do credit checks or will let you buy with fair credit... as long as you have some land or can get somewhere to put a mobile home - this included double wides.

There's also HUD and FHA to check into.
To make a long story short when me and my ex split up, I had almost no money, bad credit (cuz of him not paying bills on time) and it was just me, my 2 sons and the critters.
This was the easiest way to do things until I got back on my feet. Which has taken since January to do.
My credit still isn't the best by no means

Right now I pay $1,180 a month to live in the 3 bedroom house (not a mobile home) on the property. That includes ALL my utilites.. electric, water, trash, sewer and even cable TV.
It may sound like alot but when it was just me paying the bills, it was easier. I didn't have to worry about if I was going to be able to pay the electric that month.

And the house was just rehabbed back in Jan/Feb so it's not all that bad... but it is very tiny
and we don't really have a yard either.