Petmate Litterlocker?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

magycmyste

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! (Also, I just remembered the search feature - looks like this has been reviewed before. ^_^)

I think I'll be picking one up on the way home from work today!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I lived in an apartment, I *loved* having this. I clean their boxes 1-2 times a day so all those trips to the dumpster were really becoming a pain.

magycmyste

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I've got one and I really like it too. I scoop every morning and night and turn it once a day.
I get refills from www.petguys.com and they're soooo much cheaper there!
Ooh, they are! Do you ever get multiple reflls at once, to save on shipping? My only concern about this is shipping for one refill cartridge is a little over 7 dollars!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my litterlocker!!!

When I need refills, I look on Amazon and get a whole pack (5 - I think) so it is cheaper that way.

magycmyste

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I have it! Hopefully, this will mean no more gagging over the poop smell when I scoop (the litterbox isn't in the kitchen, but it's fairly near, as that's the only part of the condominium that has a fair amount of floor, and doesn't have poisonous stuff in it).

And I also managed to find Milky-Flake-ums at Petco!!! We finally have a treat that Cleopatra will eat!!! (though I did have to dip it in water first and coax her a bit...

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have always wanted a litter locker, but isn't it heavy with all the litter in it when you put it in the garbage?

magycmyste

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
guess I'll be finding out soon enough (though hopefully not too soon, or I might as well have stuck with the plastic baggies!)

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took an old litter bucket and put bags in it. I scoop all week long into the bag and then take it to the trash can on trash day. Granted when I open the bucket it stinks, its better than using a million bags etc.

Leslie

fulpmes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I've got one and I really like it too. I scoop every morning and night and turn it once a day.
I get refills from www.petguys.com and they're soooo much cheaper there!
Fabulous tip on the petguys site! Thank you!! I had just purchased 3 from my local supply store at $10 each, plus tax. I took them back and ordered 10 of them from Pet Guys -- even with shipping, it ended up saving me almost exactly $40!

I've had my Locker for about 3 months and am pretty happy with it. Sometimes the knot falls out of the holder thing with the first scoop so I end up just scooping into a tube & being unable to turn the handle for a few days (at that point I just tie it off and start over), but for the most part I'm happy with it & not having to constantly run little bags out to the trash 3-4 times a day. Though now I don't know what to do with all the plastic bags my newspapers come in.
And I think a small piece of tape would solve the occasional unhooked knot problem if I would just bother to do it.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a Litter Locker and I love it! and I got 5 refill cartidges for $29.95 + $5 shipping through Amazon's merchants (Revival Animal Health). I'm glad I finally took the plunge and got it!