What Type Of Person Are You?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The type who's a "peacemaker", or one who likes a good debate?

I'm a peacemaker.
I hate to argue, and I avoid a confrontation if at all possible. That's not to say that I won't stand up for what's right if need be, but I don't like becoming involved a major disagreement or heated discussion.

~KK~

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like a good debate, as long as it doesn't get personal. My problem is, after a while I can see the other person's point of view (hey, I'm a libra, what can I say!) so the debate usually fizzles. I would NEVER make a good lawyer! I hate arguing for real though and I usually try to keep the peace when I can. If I can't, I just take cover.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm more of a peacemaker, but i do enjoy a good debate once in a while so long as it's friendly and doesn't get aggressive.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can be both but tend to be more on the debater side of it. Especially if I feel very passionately about something. And I usually don't debate unless I feel I know something about it.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I like a good debate, as long as it doesn't get personal. My problem is, after a while I can see the other person's point of view (hey, I'm a libra, what can I say!) so the debate usually fizzles. I would NEVER make a good lawyer! I hate arguing for real though and I usually try to keep the peace when I can. If I can't, I just take cover.
On the contrary; you'd make a great lawyer. To be good at the job, you have to be able to see the other side and make their arguments for them. Otherwise, you'll be surprised by their case. This point was made by Abe Lincoln.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tend to be a peace maker, but I am learning to be more assertive. Since I am doing a lot of my counseling intership hours with adolecents who are court ordered, I have no choice but to be more assertive. If I ignore the behavior, it will continue to be a problem. I am learning that allowing clients to get away with something once, means they will continue to try and get away with the same things.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I like a lively debate unless it turns into an argument.
Me too! I love debating.
I even like to play devil's advocate if it gets a good debate going.

But, if it is an argument (meaning people are not respecting each other or enjoying themselves), then I very quickly become a peace maker.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to say that I DO enjoy a good politcal debate once in a while, but I will back down the moment someone raises their voice to me. They're never going to change my mind, but it's not worth getting all heated and angry over. I don't even defend myself most of the time, I just "take it" from people, and then I lose respect for myself because I do.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am with BelongstoEvie and Krazykat - I love a good debate, as long as it doesn't turn into an argument. Playing Devil's Advocate is FUN!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been a "fix-it" person since I was a little girl trying to get the adults around me to quit fighting.

But I also have stubborn streak, am protective of those I care about, passionate about intolerance and narrow-mindedness...which can lead to me being a hot head. But...I don't like confrontation...

so what does all of the above make me? Mostly a fix-it, loyal, loves to share ideas/encourage success/creativity gal with a bit of an Italian temper

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think most people are a mix. Certainly no one likes being yelled at and having a true argument.

I hate to argue but will stay at a topic until it's beat to death... I will point out every flaw. Sadly, it's in my nature to pick things apart.
Details matter. Skip over them for the sake of keeping peace and they will just come back later to haunt you.