I need ideas and help fast!!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We bought our new fridge yesterday but they said it can not be delivered until Aug 20. We move on Weds and we have alot of food in the fridge and freezer. Anyone have any ideas what we can do.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you not taking the fridge and freezer you have with you? One option would just be to rent for a few weeks.

fivesenough

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Find one on craig's list, for cheap.
Get friends to keep the freezer stuff for you. And the fridge stuff.... use it up, store in an ice cheast (buy ice daily or toss it.
x2 on the icechest! Go buy (or borrow) the biggest one you can afford and/or get your hands on, and replenish the ice as necessary! Good luck!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jacky, I would cook everything I could. Cook up a storm! You can put meals in those new vacuum packed bags - now pretty cheap. Instead of worrying about all that ice, you can buy a cooler that uses electricity or a car's cigarette lighter to cool things. Ours wasn't that expensive; we bought it to use when we drove to CO and back.

Anyway, if you cook everything now you can have great meals those first few weeks in the new place.

Want some recipes? I love to cook.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is it taking that long to be delivered?

Go back to the place and ask if they can deliver it before hand as you have so much food that would go to waste.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its on back order. They are trying to get it sooner. I have alot of cheese and stuff in the fridge.