I don't want to

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
start work tomorrow.
I'm nervous and I probably won't sleep well tonight. I have to get up at 7:30 am and I'll be super tired. This is going to suck.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww hun, it'll be fine! Just remember when you get up at 7:30, I will have already been at work for at least three hours, maybe more....and it will be lunchtime in the UK!!

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a couple of Tylenol or Advil an hour beofre bed - if you don't have problems with them.

Have your clothes and anything else you need for tomorrow out and ready to go. For instance, taking your lunch? Make it tonight.

Good luck.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will do just fine! The first day is always the hardest.

I remember after I graduated nursing school and was on the bus on my way to my first real job as a graduate nurse. The closer we got to the hospital the more sick I felt and by the time we got there I nearly refused to get off the bus and instead go all the way around back home again.

Thankfully I had been talking to the bus driver on the way and he knew how nervous I was and kicked me off the bus at the hospital!

It wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. Everyone knew that I was new and were very kind and helpful.

Now I'm facing that fear again for September because that is when I'm supposed to be starting a back to work program. I've been off work for over 4 years and while I'm excited, I'm also a bundle of nerves.

So trust me. You will do absolutely fine. Getting up and out the door is 1/2 the battle.

Good luck tomorrow

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hon, you aren't alone! I absolutely hate the first day starting a new job. My last job I actually drove around the block 4 times before I had the nerve to park and get out of my car. But, it's never as bad as you expect it to be. You will do fine. I agree, do as much tonight as you can (pick out clothes, pack your lunch, make the coffee, etc) so you don't have to worry about that tomorrow. Make some herbal tea tonight, maybe take a long hot bath and just try to relax. You will do great tomorrow!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's always hard to start a new job. It's OK to be scared, everyone is the first day on the job. "The Fear Of The Unknown", it's never as bad as you imagine.
Good luck tomorrow! You'll be alright.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey you will be fine I promise!

I started my new job in a Nursing Home as a Care Assistant three weeks ago, and the night before my first day I was a bundle of nerves, even though I have been doing this line of work for nearly 3 years now!
The thought of going into a new place can be scary, but once you arrive people are incredibly nice, and they do make you feel welcome...

Good luck, and stay calm!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

start work tomorrow.
I'm nervous and I probably won't sleep well tonight. I have to get up at 7:30 am and I'll be super tired. This is going to suck.
Ah, yes, work the curse of the drinking class!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everybody. Just popping in on my lunch break. First day is going good.