*****KatKwery! - July 27 - becoming embarrassing*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not only did Marianjela win again but she used three of the secret words. She only gets credit for computer though. BelongsToEvie used the word never which was in her siggy but since the rules don't say anything about that, she gets the win. Glitch used the word role. Marianjela also used role and cost. But nobody used stick. OK, DW is on her way back and I instructed her to start using harder words, so get ready.

Today's KatKwiz was about avatars.

Do you have exactly the avatar you want? Do you change avatars from time to time? Do you know how big avatars can be for premium and non-premium members? Without running over to Members List, can you think of any member that just does not have an avatar? Do you think that ten years from now that I will still have the spinning spiral?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Not only did Marianjela win again but she used three of the secret words. She only gets credit for computer though. BelongsToEvie used the word never which was in her siggy but since the rules don't say anything about that, she gets the win. Glitch used the word role. Marianjela also used role and cost. But nobody used stick. OK, DW is on her way back and I instructed her to start using harder words, so get ready.

Do you have exactly the avatar you want? Do you change avatars from time to time? Do you know how big avatars can be for premium and non-premium members? Without running over to Members List, can you think of any member that just does not have an avatar? Do you think that ten years from now that I will still the spinning spiral?
Yup I like my avatar and I do switch every so often. I wish I could have a bigger one. Now that I have a job I'll probably become a paying member. I can never remember the exact sizes that are allowed for avatars. Can't think of any members without avatars off hand. I do think ten years from now you will still have the spiral. It's a really neat avatar.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you have exactly the avatar you want? Do you change avatars from time to time? Do you know how big avatars can be for premium and non-premium members? Without running over to Members List, can you think of any member that just does not have an avatar? Do you think that ten years from now that I will still the spinning spiral?
I just changed my avatar to one that shows my little girl, Dusty's cute face. Rusty is camera shy and always turns her head when I try to take a picture. I will keep that one for awhile. I know that for non-paying members it has to be not more than 50 by 50 pixels or 19.5 KB whichever is smaller. I don't know what it is for paying members though. I can't remember anyone that doesn't have an avatar but I am sure there are a few, I just can't recall any right now. I do think you will have the spinning avatar because that is just you. It fits your personality from what I see.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

No, I really don't have the avatar I want. I would really prefer having a custom avatar so that I can use a picture of my own kitties, but it doesn't appear that I have that option yet. Perhaps I just missed something, though. I really need to go back over all the forum FAQ's and stickies again sometime soon. I don't know off the top of my head what size avatars can be for the different types of members...another reason I should look over the rules and regulations! I don't really keep track of who has avatars and who doesn't. I would imagine that it is fairly common for brand new members not to have avatars, though, as they may not have yet had time to figure out all those little things. As far as you and your avatar, I don't know...I do like it when people keep the same avatar for a long time because then I recognize those users immediately just by seeing their av. But I personally like to change mine up occasionally.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh the pressure! I really thought 7 was going to be my limit since 7 is my lucky number, which may just be because there are 7 members in my family. Just the same I guess, because with 3 teen/pre-teen girls, there are always stow-aways at my house visiting. I'm always saying, "what's one more". After so many, you just dont notice anymore; except of course when you run out of toilet paper!
So without further ado, and with continued appreciation; thanks again for the win, Lee, Lee's DW, Persi and Alley!

I was at my children's softball picnic today and am signing on late. Let's see if there are any words left for me to choose from!

I absolutely LOVE my avatar. I worked extra hard just to graduate to Top Cat to earn the privilege to upload an animated GIF. I spent hours selecting and cropping my photos in oder to create it. I used Photoshop to edit my photographs and also created my animation with it. I was shamelessly proud of it and couldnt wait to show it off. Now that the novelty of it has worn off some, I do think it needs some tweaking and/or cleaning up. I have an idea for a new signature, and if I ever find the time to redo that, I will have to create a new avatar. Maybe once I have a few avatars under my belt I might consider rotating them. But who knows...

I am aware that the premium members are permitted larger avatars than non-paying members. Which is only fair and it does generate incentive to join the TCS. Without looking up the specifics, I recall that subscribing members are allowed avatars more than twice as big, but I cant recollect the exact limitations off the top of my head. Although, I know I can right-click on some of the existing avatars to get a general idea if I ever want to know quickly. But then again, using the search engine, it doesnt take me long to find the thread explaining all the rules and regulations of avatars and signatures. Also a thread regarding the perks of becoming a member.

Off the top of my head I really can not think of anyone that does not have a graphical image or representation of them self

Even if it just just the most basic pink kitty, cant recall seeing anyone without one. But of course, again, you know my curiosity is piqued and I will go look

Hmmm... I havent been around (consecutively) to remember you without your spinning, spiraling, colorful shape; it is the embodiment of you Lee. I really can not picture you without it! But I can see you trying to fool us all and changing it for the heck of it just to throw us off

I think I would have to do a double take, thinking I wandered into the wrong forum. Your red, blue and yellow Kat siggy, and your spiraling avatar has come to represent you Lee, it is your virtual personification.

Do any of these word meets DWs standards today??????? Or is it your standards? Since you are the one instructing her to use more evolved words. You did warn us that it was going to get harder.
Ahhh... the reign has to come to an end sooner or later, but I admit I am enjoying myself with you guys!

ETA: Imagine my surprise when I ran over to the Member's List after my post only to discover that several prominent and active members on the site do not have avatars. Just goes to show you how observant I am! Darn.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you have exactly the avatar you want? Do you change avatars from time to time? Do you know how big avatars can be for premium and non-premium members? Without running over to Members List, can you think of any member that just does not have an avatar? Do you think that ten years from now that I will still have the spinning spiral?
i have the perfect avatar - exactly what i wanted! it shows all of my current cats, plus my RB girl, Mouse - w/their names along w/their little pix
i know the avatar rules, but wasn't able to create my own animated one... but another member very kindly did it for me, as well as inserting it [couldn't figure that out, either!]. w/o checking, i wouldn't be able to name who does/doesn't have an avatar... i don't know if you'll still have the same one in 10 years. i doubt i will - most likely, my cat family will change somewhat during that time [especially since Pixel's going to be 11 this september].

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love my avatar, but at the same time I would like it to be more cat appropriate, but I did it myself so what can you expect! Hmm, I dont know the exact measurments for them exactly, I only know that paying members get larger avatars and for some reason you get yours even bigger yet! (I think thats the way I remember it!) I can't think of anyone that doesn't have an avatar, because everyone I think of I can remember them getting one shortly there after! I doubt strongly you will still have your avatar, I think its something to call attention to the katkwiz, katkwery and maybe katklick when it gets here! I dont know for sure!

I see the twin strikes again! Talk about talent! I need to get me some of that!

I dont know if I would be too embarresed! She's just smart!
I try, but I always take guesses, and the avatar thing isn't the best one for me! At least I knew what RPG was (although I later found a new definition for it, it was computer related but not gaming related)
I didn't read todays katkwiz today either, so there was probably valuable informtion that I didn't get the opportunity to read due to family get together that occurs every sunday!
If I change my avatar I will have to see if someone who knows how to do things right will do it for me, I would like an animated one, but I have no idea what a gif is except it says that at the end of my pictures! I hope my cat family doesn't change and make me have to edit and change avatars, I really hate it when that happens! Im pretty happy with my current cats but I could always get another one! I need to put my dog on there also.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was wondering if I'd do better with a short answer. Guess not, but I still won!
I think that is really funny! Thanks to the Kats for allowing that!

Hmm... We've either had a very similar question to this before, or I'm having a very strong case of deja vu! I have to say that the exact avatar I want would be custom one, so no, I do not have it. Last time I changed my avatar was when I got upped to, um, young cat, I think is the level my current avatar is available at. I won't change again until I have a custom avatar available! Once I do, then I'll probably switch them more often. Until then, eh, this one is just as cute as any other option!

No, don't know what the size is. Even though I think the answered showed up in one of these Kat Games!
I would guess that premium members can have bigger avatars than non premium members, or at least sooner.

Nope, can't think of anyone. I notice the avatars, but don't really make note of them. I especially notice when anyone has the same one as me, 'cause then I think I posted!
But even though I notice them, I don't remember names... Come on, asking me to remember a name with an avatar is like asking me to remember a name with a face!

I hope you will ten years from now, I like it!
Even if you haven't had it up consistently for all ten years, at least keep it in your queue and cycle it in now and again.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

Hmm... We've either had a very similar question to this before, or I'm having a very strong case of deja vu!
I had the same deja vu-ish feeling. I was thinking we had a similar question before but then thought maybe it was a question regarding signatures...

Who knows... all I know is it is giving me an itch to want to change things around.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

I had the same deja vu-ish feeling. I was thinking we had a similar question before but then thought maybe it was a question regarding signatures...

Who knows... all I know is it is giving me an itch to want to change things around.
I got the same deja vu! I think it was a signature question though.... *going to figure out how to get a better avatar* I cheated and looked, my avatar is 100 x 75 pixels

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

If I change my avatar I will have to see if someone who knows how to do things right will do it for me, I would like an animated one,
Glitch, making an animated avatar is actually a simple process if you already have the pictures that you want to combine. You only have to have a program that will do it for you. If you would like, I can put one together for you. All you have to do is send me the pictures you want included and on my end it's just a matter of assembling them together and doing a "save as" of sorts.

...just thought I'd extend an offer if your interested.

Marian

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

I got the same deja vu! I think it was a signature question though.... *going to figure out how to get a better avatar* I cheated and looked, my avatar is 100 x 75 pixels
there was a previous question on avatar size, & i think one on custom avatars, but not on animated avatars... if i'm remembering correctly!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Glitch, making an animated avatar is actually a simple process if you already have the pictures that you want to combine. You only have to have a program that will do it for you. If you would like, I can put one together for you. All you have to do is send me the pictures you want included and on my end it's just a matter of assembling them together and doing a "save as" of sorts.

...just thought I'd extend an offer if your interested.

Marian
Oh, Ill get my pictures!! THANK YOU!!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, Ill get my pictures!! THANK YOU!!
When you're ready, either send me a PM so you can email them to me. *Or* probably better yet, just upload them to imageshack or where ever and let me know where they are. It shouldnt take me long to put them together. It's no problem at all.