What Was the Happiest Day Of Your Life?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since there seems to be a few people who seemed to be 'offended' by my "worst day" thread (which was certainly not my intention
), I thought I would go in the opposite direction and start a "best day" thread.

Obviously, the days that were happiest to me was the day I had my son, and also when I became a grandmother.

Besides that, the times my son & granddaughter came to visit me from Wisconsin were glorious days, too!
Another time that was special to me was when my now ex-b/f came to Wisconsin, to move me to Texas so we could be together. Unfortunately, the outcome didn't have a 'happy ending' as I thought it would. But it was wonderful at the time -- till it got bad, anyway..

What were some of the happiest days of your life?

~KK

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
February 26, 1985. I had already decided to break up with my ex, who was incarcerated at the time, for the love of my life, my current husband. I was watching the Grammies with the bartender, and Willie Nelson was nominated for a bunch of awards. Every time we would pick the winner, we would do a tequila shot, and every time Willie won, we would have 2. She knew I wanted to make my move on my my current husband, so she called me a cab, and said it is now or never. I walked up to him, looked him right in the eye and said "I have a cab out front, you want to come with me?" We have been together ever since. I have never regretted it.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Around August 10th, 2006.

Me and my mom and dad went to Orlando Florida for the second time, only this time me and my mom swam with dolphins. We had a fabulous day with Thelma the dolphin and doing loads of things throughout the park. I will never forget it, and we are going again next year, and I am sure that will be just as unforgettable

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My happiest day was when I went on my first date with my DBF. We went to see the Dale Chihouly (don't know if it's spelled right) exhibit and had a nice lunch. We ended up talking for hours. We still spend hours talking and I know that I am soooo lucky to have him in my life
. It's been 4 1/2 years and still not one argument - and we live together which makes it even more miraculous.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I'm too sentimental (is that possible?
), but I can't think of one best day. I have so many!

Starting from the time I was young, so many of those summer vacation days were just the stuff of dreams, both days at home and days on vacation. I can think of quite a few birthdays with family and my dearest friends that I would love to relive. Most any day (after the first three months!) of my home stay in Japan.
The day my current husband asked me out was very sweet.
Most days of most vacations I've gone on in my "adult life". My wedding day. Our entire honeymoon. Our first night in our new house. Any sunny warm day spent with my dog / dogs on a long hike. A lazy, relaxing day at home. One of our many "game days".

Like I said, I have lots!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
probably the day I split from my ex, it was like a great weight had been lifted off my shoulders

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The day DH and I got married - we both had bad first marriages but this one is forever and we are still deeply in love and on our honeymoon now after 6 yrs.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pool noodle massacre...It was a year before my dad died and the pool noodles had just came out...we were in daytona beach florida in the pool my dad starting hoarding the noodles because he found out he could float easily and comfortably on them...my brother and I wanted them back so he moved us to the shallow end tossed us each a noodle and said fight for them...IT was the best we had 20 noodles he had 18 of them and my brother and I had 1 each we blew water through them hit each other with them and played til we were worn out...then we went upstairs to our room and all three of us fell asleep on the kingsize bed until around 7pm that night
I really miss that man!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The day Josh proposed
Although every day after that it just gets better...so I guess every day is the happiest day. (Is that so corny I could puke? yes yes it is
)

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The happiest day of my life would have to be the day I married my best friend
February 5, 2008.

Although, the day we started dating was also a truly wonderful day as well! And so were most of the days in between! And when he proposed to me ... I've had a lot of happy days in the last 3.5 years!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A great responce to the other thread!

This is an EASY one! It was the day I went and bought my first horse at 16-years-old!
I had saved up all my birthday money since I was 5 and my granny finally called me one day and said "If you have the money and come take care of it every day, you can have a horse out here."
I was on cloud 9!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After my ex-husband left me, I went through that self-pitying depression for awhile, but then I dusted myself off and stalked one of our friends. My happiest day was when he told me that he had been in love with me for 10 years! That was over 6 years ago. We have now been married for 2 years.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

A great responce to the other thread!

This is an EASY one! It was the day I went and bought my first horse at 16-years-old!
I had saved up all my birthday money since I was 5 and my granny finally called me one day and said "If you have the money and come take care of it every day, you can have a horse out here."
I was on cloud 9!
aww

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought of another really happy day.
The day the Packers' won the Super Bowl!! :
I waited a loooong time to see that, and like any other Packers' fan, suffered through many 'bad' years!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

The day Josh proposed
Although every day after that it just gets better...so I guess every day is the happiest day. (Is that so corny I could puke? yes yes it is
)
I don't think it's corny.
I think it's very sweet!
But I'm a big romantic at heart..

lilysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Although the first time I held my son was one of the best moments of my life, I can't count the whole day - the best day of my life just doesn't include excruciating pain.
The best day of my life is probably my wedding day.