What Was Your Worst Day That You Can Recall?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted this in another thread, and it got me to thinking: what was one of your worst days that you've ever had?? (something besides losing a precious furbie, that is).

One of the worst days I ever had was when I found out that an ex-b/f of mine was cheating on me (and had been the entire time
) and had also gotten the other girl pregnant. After I found this out, I left him to go home (I was spending the night with him at his brother's house b/c he was 'house-sitting' for his brother), and on the way home I hit a deer and smashed in the front end of my truck. If that wasn't bad enough, after I got back home I found out that my refrigerator petered out sometime during the night, and all the food was spoiled. It was definitely not a good day..

~KK~

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Without a doubt, one specific day has been the worst ever in my life.

2 weeks after I started at UC Berkeley, 2 days after the grandmother I only lived 20 mins from and spent half my life with died suddenly and I was helping to plan her funeral, I got news that my other grandmother, who I lived with my entire life, was the reason I lived in Japan and decided to major in Japanese (which I had just started) and was like a second mother to me was diagnosed with terminal non-Hodgekins lymphoma and only had 3 weeks to live.

Needless to say, among the other deaths just before and after that time, my one full year at UCB was an emotional disaster and I did not get the honors I would have!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My worst day was when my ex stabbed my current husband. Ex was telling me if I got on his back, he would kill current husband, who told me to go for it, he could be dead anyway. I grabbed the only thing I could see, a Harley drag pipe and smashed my ex across the nose with it. That bought us a few minutes to get gone. My current husband is a big guy, but my ex was huge. The blade missed his heart by 1/4 inch, and he would have died. After we got home and I knew he was going to be ok, I fell completely apart. It did not even occur to me to panic while the fight was going on, for some reason.
A friend of ours put that set of drag pipes on his bike, and you could always tell it was him. It had a perfect nose print right in the bend. I shuddered every time I heard it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine would have to be back 1974 just a couple weeks into my senior year of high school.
One of my cousins got married and dad/mom just dropped my sis and I off at the local HS hangout back then (burger king and pizza hut parking lot) as they were going to the wedding reception dance. A couple of hours later a burger king employee comes to parking lots calling my name. It was the hospital calling stating that our parents had been in a serious car accident and could we get to the hospital.
We arranged a ride home to get truck-the guy who took us home (we were about 25 minutes or so away) raced through town. One aunt was waiting for us at our house.
Dad was ok but mom had arrived with no blood pressure and was in surgery when we got there.
What happened is a girl ran a stop sign-dad was going 55 mph and they estimated she was going about the same. No breathalizer done at that time. Parents car flipped over twice, I think it a power pole and ended up in a corn field. Car was T-boned on passenger side-mom (no seat belt) ended up in back seat I think they cut the car open to get her out and that actually saved her. I think dad got out through the window. This happened about 10 minutes after they dropped up off and the reason it took so long to notify us is that they didn't or dad didn't tell them where we were and the cops were looking for us (our bodies) in the corn field!!
Dad was released from hospital next day and mom spent 4 weeks recovering as she had broken/chipped teeth, broken collarbone,ribs, punctured spleen and lungs, fractured hip.
That is a day I'll never forget.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Crikey, do we really need such a depressing thread??!?!?!
Mine was definitely too horrible for me to be wanting to relive it right now by posting about it. Way too depressing of a topic for the cat lounge.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beyond the shadow of a doubt, it would be the day my husband snapped mentally, came into our bedroom with a gun, put it to his head and pulled the trigger........thank God, said gun jammed, or he would no longer be here, and I'd probably be in a padded cell.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Crikey, do we really need such a depressing thread??!?!?!
Yeah, I thought that, too. But I've mentioned that I am annoyingly open, so I have no problem sharing this with everyone. And, I actually like to remember those times.

Firstly, I can remember how strong both my grandmothers were.
And secondly, I can remember how strong I was. If they can go through that as strong as they did, I know I can handle what ever comes my way. I've said many times (you know, school essays and such) that my grandmothers are my heroes! And, no matter how bad work gets, or frustrating life in general gets, I know I can handle it and life goes on.

Plus, I figure if this is too depressing for someone, they won't read! It's a fair warning in the title.
And, if someone doesn't want to remember, they simply won't post!

So that's why I chimed in!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those of you who seem to be 'offended', maybe you'll enjoy this thread instead:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172643

Mine was definitely too horrible for me to be wanting to relive it right now by posting about it. Way too depressing of a topic for the cat lounge.
Your scars are probably still fresh. I sure didn't mean to upset anyone.
I started the thread b/c I've found that it sometimes helps to heal the wounds by talking about it. And there are a lot of good peeps here at TCS who are very supportive when it comes to difficult times..

~KK~

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have plenty but I think the worst one was when my mother tried to jump off the balcony from the 5th floor and my ex grabbed her and she was lucky then said it was all a joke, ex called the police and the paramedics, they handcuffed her (she was drunk had 2.8) and was put into a psychiatric hospital for two weeks.

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine was the day that we were told that 5 of the 7 kids had disabilities and 4 of them had Autism.

My best day was realizing we could cope with it and be just as happy of a family as any other.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Worst day: The day I found my sister in her house after she had been dead for a week. That wasn't the worst part of that day however. Telling my parents she was dead was the WORST part of that worst day.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm, I've had some humdingers of bad days, but I think the worst was when my grandmother fell in the bathtub and i was the one who found her, I was 12 at the time. She was very weak from undergoing chemo for cancer and she never made it back home after that

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's an easy one!!! My parents have been divorced since I was 1 1/2 years old. My real dad was a PSYCHO. I had to spend time with him every other weekend and some of the summer. His third wife was leaving him and I was starting to talk to counselors about how he treated me. He absolutely lost it one day....

We got a call from the police saying that my real dad brought a gun into town and was threating people in public with it. After that he had a high speed chase out of town, tried to kill my half brother, half sister, and step mom, but thank God the police were around. We had police at my moms house all night because we knew he would come for me next. Then about 4am he had a stand off with the police and shot himself because they wouldn't shoot him.

That was my worst day ever.

I'm glad it's over and won't ever happen again. I would be scarred for my life every single living day if he was still alive.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My worst day was when my 2nd exhusband threatened me with a gun and I had to leave in fear for my life with 6 cats and few possesions. I went to stay with a friend and in the mean time he moved his also married girl friend into my home!!! Then I found out he spent all our saving acct money and I was broke. That money by the way was money that my grandmother left me when she died. I had to sleep on the floor for 8 months in a small room with my cats. I felt so awful for the cats. Honestly had it not been for the love I have for my cats I don't think I would have had the will to survive this. I lost everything I had and had to start my life from scratch. He married this woman after all the divorces were final. Last I heard he is delinquent in over 30k in credit card debt. She has money but not for long.....

Fast forward 5 1/2 years ... The best day of my life is when I married my true partner in life almost 3 years ago. I could never ask for a better marriage.

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm having my worst day ever today. Wondering if my boyfriend is going to decide that the fighting isn't worth working through and is going to end it.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to chose. But the day that affected my life more then any other day was when I was in the 3rd grade and our mother and father took all 4 of us kids and dropped us off at an Orphanage. We were there for about 18 months and weren't allowed to see each other. If we tried, we'd get punished. It was a catholic orphanage and the nuns were extremely cruel. We really had no clue it was coming or why it was happening. To this day, I have trust and abandonment issues.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was pregnant and it appeared I had a miscarriage so the doctor did a D&C (I actually was still pregnant with an ectopic pregnancy). I got home from the doctor and within an hour got a phone call from my sister telling me that my dad was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor. They were to operate the next day and he only had a 10% chance of surviving the surgery and even if he survived it would be a month or two at best. My dad was only 57.