What Do You Do When You're Mad?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brandon and I had our first serious arguement and every since, I've been cleaning... even cleaning things that didn't need it or were already cleaned

What do you do when you're mad or upset?

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

If i get mad at someone i have to get it off my chest with them rather than chew me up inside
Me, too. Drives hubby up the wall!

But if I can't, for whatever reason, like I'm mad at a client at work, I do like you, Dixie_Darlin, and do work. Work work if I'm at work, or house work if I'm at home. Hubby can always tell when I'm upset because I won't sit down!

If I'm mad like depressed, then I won't get up!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

If i get mad at someone i have to get it off my chest with them rather than chew me up inside
Same here. Sometimes if it's bad enough tho I have to get away from the situation. Mostly I have to leave and visit with friends or if it's at night I can't sleep in the same bed so I'll go to the couch. Usually within a few hours I'm ready to talk. If it's milder I just throw a lil tantrum, so juvenile but it get all the frustration out.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Brandon and I had our first serious arguement and every since, I've been cleaning... even cleaning things that didn't need it or were already cleaned

What do you do when you're mad or upset?
My house is attacked seriously when I get really angry, I clean everything insight, and the kitchen is the first thing to get hammered, whether it needs it or not! He can tell when Im angry, Im normally throwing somekind of pot or pan around

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely get mad and when I do it's fleeting: I'm talking maybe a minute, so I don't really have a "habit" that I do when I'm mad.

When my feelings have been hurt, I cry for a while and that's it.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually end up cleaning, or just being quiet and reading on the couch.

Of course, I also have to get my say in if I'm mad

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer to get it off my chest if I'm really upset. But if I can't, I work off that energy somehow, by usually cleaning or some other constructive activity. Sometimes when I'm really frustrated I cry: I usually feel better afterwards by getting it all out.

If I can't get my anger out, I usually end up getting depressed - and that's just no good..

~KK~

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to throw things, but it didn't do anything but break my stuff. Now I have a tendency to just hold it until I get over it. Or if it is something really bad, I will hold it in until I just blow up and get sarcastic and mean at a pretty high volume. One rule my DH and I have is we never argue in public. So by the time we get home we usually either have forgotten all about it, or have a knock down drag out fight. Then we will go to our respective private areas until we calm down and can just talk. Mostly we just forget about it because we usually never fight except when we drink, which is rarely now.
When I was working in sales, if it was someone at my level in the food chain, I would say whatever I wanted as long as we were not on the floor. People higher up, I would just smile and think how much I would love to slap them. Imagining someone's head snap sideways is very liberating.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I usually go for a drive...or a bikeride, or jog...that is after I have resolved whatever has made me upset in the first place...

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I yell I suppose it's the irish in my blood but I tend to yell but if i'm REALLY mad I clean

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the moment i have a migraine- i always get a headache when i'm mad
DH made me so ticked off a few hours ago that i was literally ready to go into the
bathroom and rip the darn hideous wallpaper off the walls. I'm still thinking about that actually!!!!

(We were arguing about what to fix in the house yet again) I'm still pretty ticked off at him actually. There's so much to do in our house it's frusterating!

I'm still tempted to go and rip all the wallpaper down right now!
(not to be destructive, -it's something that actually needs to be done! I think it'd be pretty satisfying too though!)

I cry just about every time we fight- i'm soo sensitive. I clean too. Earlier when we were arguing, i was wiping down counters, cleaning out the toaster oven, doing dishes...

Normally when we fight we just talk about what's bothering us in pretty ticked off voices- try not to make it knock down drag out- i don't like that. When i get really ticked off, like earlier i usually tell him to leave me alone and get goes somewhere else for a while so i can chill out. I like having my space.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am bawl baby. I get upset I cry. althou one time when we were first married, we got into a horrible arguement; He was laying on the couch. I was yelling at him, I looked over and he was asleep.
. I got a pitcher of ice cold water.
Yes I threw it on him.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I am bawl baby. I get upset I cry. althou one time when we were first married, we got into a horrible arguement; He was laying on the couch. I was yelling at him, I looked over and he was asleep.
. I got a pitcher of ice cold water.
Yes I threw it on him.
I soo needed a good laugh- you actually threw it on him?
What was his reponse? I bet he was p.o.
I'll have to remember to do that to DH next time he makes me mad
(j/k)