Kasper's Cats

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meet some of my new ferals! Ok, they're not mine, another lady with a feral rescue group is feeding them, so they are her colony. But, she was so thrilled when I met her there and put me to work already!

Last night, we took our first turn feeding these guys without her, and we managed to trap a kitty already! Of course, we want to trap them all and either get them doctored up and released, or, if possible, find them a good home!

Since we feed them between an empty lot and the parking lot of a little shopping area with a Kasper's Hot Dog, we have unofficially dubbed them "Kasper's Cats".

Feeding Time!

Though they're all mutts, this one looks almost like a bengal. We also have a tiny kitten (who was playing camera shy) that looks very much like a siamese.

This is the big alpha male. He's actually really sweet with the normal lady who feeds them, so we have hopes we can get him a home! He is one of the three we specifically want to trap (the other two being young kittens), if not to rehome him, then just to get him fixed!

And another group shot of the nummies:

Wish us luck taking care of these guys! The pictues don't do them justice, they're all gorgeous.

starjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good luck catching those other ferals. Since they've been living on the streets, they may be hard to catch. They are probably street smart! But you will outsmart them. How many do you think is being fed?

That's reallly nice of you to help out that other lady. I'm sure she apprecates anything you can do for her.

momto4kitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love what you and the others are doping for the feral cats. there are so many in my neighborhood and I wish I could do something to help them all.

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try leaving a cat carrier with the door open and food inside then close the door. LOL That's how we got our stray persian. Hey, one may decide to take a nap in there so it will be easy to sneak up on him. Just a thought.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the photos! That kitty does have that bengal look.
Sometimes you get mixes that are from bad BYBs. I am told this is Mary's case.

I want to follow these kitties so keep us updated.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ferals are pretty smart about traps, good luck trapping them all! I hope you can get them all fixed up and hopefully find good homes for at least a few
Bless you for caring about those kitties

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I'm very exciting to be helping them. They are having a break for a bit. Between not wanting them to be wary of too many changes, and the fact that my trap is off with the first kitty we trapped, we are just feeding them for now!

Tonight I bring my camera again and will try to get pics of the previously-camera shy kiddos!

Originally Posted by CC12

I love the photos! That kitty does have that bengal look.
Sometimes you get mixes that are from bad BYBs. I am told this is Mary's case.

I want to follow these kitties so keep us updated.
Originally Posted by Arielrain

Me too!
Thank you both, CC12 and Arielrain. These poor guys need some love! At least they have the lady feeding them and my husband and I. It is nice that they have you guys caring for them, too.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bless you for feeding all those kitties. That spotted one is definitely beautiful, Bengal or not! Good luck with the trapping.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So glad that the feeding/trapping is going well so far! They're a bunch of beauties; that's for sure. Lots of coming your way.. for you, for the kitties, for trapping.. whatever you need. Keep us updated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NinaCaliente

Bless you for feeding all those kitties. That spotted one is definitely beautiful, Bengal or not! Good luck with the trapping.
Originally Posted by abbycats

Awww Bless for feeding them!

The spotted one does look like a bengal!
Originally Posted by kaete

So glad that the feeding/trapping is going well so far! They're a bunch of beauties; that's for sure. Lots of coming your way.. for you, for the kitties, for trapping.. whatever you need. Keep us updated!
Originally Posted by Arielrain

Good thing there are wonderful people who are looking out for these beautiful kitties.
Thank you all!! I've been trying to get pictures of the other beauties, and I've managed a few, but they're not good. Still no pics of the tiny siamese. (S)he is very, very shy! All I have to do is raise the camera and the little one bolts. So, I haven't been bugging her, giving her time to adjust slowly to it. But, I have got some of the gorgeous grey kitty- oh she's to die for!
Also of the grey and white tabby, and a beautiful green eyed girl.

But, for now, those pics are too tiny (I had to be far away and don't have a great zoom lense!), so I won't bore you with them yet. I'm slowly getting closer, so hopefully next week I will have some good ones!

The kitty we trapped is spayed now, and when I get my trap back, we will start again! I'm going away for the weekend, but should have the trap by the time I'm back. So keep those vibes coming and the love for the kitties!

Really, thank you!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for caring for those sweet kitties and good luck!